Family gathering before disfellowshiping

by Mattieu 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes...the Saad family.....

The reputation goes all around Australia.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They're witness royalty or is it witness mafia?

In dubdom it's the same thing.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Sparrowdown are you in Australia.
  • hoser
    hoser
    In my last congregation there was a wife swap that took place. Two young couples literally switched spouses. Both of the guys were kids of elders. One of the families had a big party like this before the disfellowshipping.
  • New day
    New day
    Ok, to sowhatnow who asked elders and ms to defend themselves, and those who called elders "corruption squad", it is understandable to take a pot shot at those whose motives you question. But I was an elder for almost 20 yrs (only resigned less than a yr ago) and in all that time I thought I did my best to be fair, impartial and kind, especially on jcs, which I had a good deal of experience in. Not all elders are baddies, you know.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

New Day

My Dad was an Elder (deceased) all my life. He was fair, impartial and kind like you. I know there are a few out there.

I kuddo you. I wish there were more Elders out there like you were.

I can almost guarantee that if my Dad were alive today he would be deleted or resign as an Elder. It seems the genuine/kind/loving ones don't last. We have witnessed that several times in our own family.

Sad to say.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I've seen a mixture of Elders that were decent and bad. When a powerful family moves into a congregation is a game changer. Years before I left we had three families move into our congregation. The grandfather and his two sons that both had families. The grandfather and his oldest son was made Elders. The other son was a ministerial servant. The daughters of these two sons were sleeping around but never got in trouble, until years later.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So they held a JC to disfellowship him.

they knew it would be 12 months before they could associate together again with him...

So they held a feast in his pre-disfellowshipping honour........

...............................Jehovahs Witness

.....Image result for family reunion

................................Enjoy Yourself..

..................You`ll be Dead to Us Next Week!..

..........Image result for Family gathering

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I can see this from 2 perspectives here. (1) although this kind of goes against JWS S.O.P and is kind of ironic. However (2) from a cultural point of view and with my brief encounters with the Lebanese community, where it's common for close family ties. I can understand it.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Hypocrites.....if they're not going to obey the rules of shunning they should leave WT....they are making things worse for everyone else who is staying stuck in just for family

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit