Family gathering before disfellowshiping

by Mattieu 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

If you were/are in the Sydenham (Melbourne/Victoria) congo you may be very familiar with this a few years back. A prominent elder who likes the sound of his own voice (hint, his initials are William Saad) yes of quite a well connected family, was on a judicial committee who was disfellowshiping one of his own male relatives for repeated marijuana usage.

This story by the way shows how corrupt the whole system is. As Williams family (elders and c/o) had covered up the previous few sorrid outcomes of his drug usage, they couldn't contain the last public viewing of his drug dependency, witnessed by many witnesses ironically... So they held a JC to disfellowship him. His outcome was determined even before the JC as William announced to those that worked with him (elders and ms, yes I was one of them, and I don't care if that gives away who I am William) that they were going to disfellowship him even before they sat down with him (so much for fair trial and relying on the big J spirit).

But before they announced it, they organised (yes William Saad was one of the organisers) a huge family farewell dinner - over 100 of the close Saad/Sadi family in attendance in western Melbourne, all knew he was going to be disfellowshipped in the coming week. Multiple elders and one c/o in attendance. When questioned by one ms as to the appropriateness of such a farewell d/f dinner, William said that's how middle eastern families are, they knew it would be 12 months before they could associate together again with him...

So they held a feast in his pre-disfellowshipping honour....

PS - it was also because of William Saad I discovered this website.... He was the elder who left JWN open on his office computer one day... when asked about it, he mentioned (as an ex bethelite) that him and a few of his bethel mate elders monitored and reported back to his brother in law c/o about what they picked up. That and the fact he was suspicious of someone in Glenroy cong who was posting on this site - and has since left!

So many stories to tell....

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It's all about who you know. If the DF'd relative just continues to come to meeting regularly, he won't be out long. Membership has it's privileges. It's all in who you are. We've seen this all our lives. If an Elders kid gets in trouble and they can't hide it. The kid gets a slap on the wrist. DF'd for 6 months or less.

We witnessed a loosey goosey sister (Very attractive) get DF'd for 6 months. She was caught screwing everything with pants on. Got DF'd for 6 months. Hmmm...I wonder how she got "back in" so quickly? lol

On a positive note. Maybe the doobie smoking relative brought some primo weed to the farewell party. Nothing would surprise us!

• millie210
    millie210

How true on the "nothing would surprise us."

I have never told my personal story here (yet) but as someone who has been in the position of

daughter of an elder

sister of elder

wife of elder

mother of elder

oh my...the stories I have seen.

The number one thing hurting people in this organization is ELDERS.

Even with the lousy doctrines, people might stand a chance if it were not for the rampant corruption squad they call elders.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ok all you former elders servants and c.o.s

lol, fess up, why did ya do it? defend your honor already lol

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

millie210..."corruption squad they call elders."

I love that name corruption squad. Perfect description!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When it comes to Congregation matters, it really does depend on who you are and how well connected your family is. In my Congregation, a well to do Elder's 18 year old daughter and her 19 year old fiancé were about to be DF'd for sleeping together. We were close friends with the family and knew that the daughter had done this with every boy she ever went out with yet never was disciplined by the congregation even though pretty much everyone knew about it.

This time they got the book thrown at them and the announcement of their disfellowshipment was to be made on the following Thursday. The family threw together a really fancy wedding at a country club the weekend before so that her JW Uncle Elder could give the talk and all their JW friends and relatives could attend. Talk about a farce and missing the point.

Whether it has been announced yet or not, the reason they were DF'd was because they were "wrongdoers" and supposedly a bad influence on the congregation. The announcement made no difference in their supposed "moral character". Everyone skirted around the this technicality and made a mockery of the whole purpose and intent of the practice of disfellowshipping .

P.S...these kids didn't last a year but had a child.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@millie210...

"Corruption squad"... that's good.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I knew Fuard Saad from Sydney. I found him to be kind, hospitable, and just an all round pleasant good guy. Who treated his family well. My how things can change from one relative to another, as I'm guessing he would be related to this William. It really dosnt surprise me what you are saying about a Farwell DF party having known Fuard and my brief encounters with the Lebanese community.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Btw what is Fuard up to these days. Any one know. William if you are reading this pass on my regards.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I hope they smoked some excellent weed at that pre DFing party.

It' William's world, it's party time, it's excellent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit