My Wife's Theory

by breakfast of champions 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Sab's right. They do treat child rape as sin, rather than crime. I think probably that it's more to do with the fact that they are sitting on a big, fat hefty file full of names of paedophiles in the congregations. They're like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the hole in the dam. If they accede to the fact that they were wrong about their policies, will they be engulfed by historical cases of abuse, based on old misguided thinking about 2 witnesses etc?

Also, that file of names that's been mentioned. (20,000 or so?) Does anybody even know whether it's a list of total sexual paedophiles in the congregations based on allegations? or rather, a list of brothers that the Watchtower considers to be sexual predators? If so, the actual list could be much bigger.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

King Solomon: they are struggling to develop policies to adapt to an ever-evolving modern legal milieu that they have always been trained to think of as inferior to God's law.

Exactly! I must be frustrating for them to keep getting trumped by those inferior laws. Their Cognitive Dissonance Alarms must be screaming at fever pitch!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

In almost every single case, WT policy is adhered to/adjusted for two reasons alone, legal and monetary.

If fewer cases are reported to the authorities, the less of a chance a civil lawsuit will be filed against the WTS.

They are willing to play these kind of odds, though they are similar to Russian roulette.

Hundreds of Candace Conti-like cases may have simply slipped through the cracks by silencing the victims. Until they are made to PAY bigtime several times over, they will keep playing this game, damn the victims.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

"What if someone at the top on the Governing Body was a child molester and wanted to cover everything up? That's the only way this would make sense - in a perverted way of course!"

It might be a good time to bring up an admission the Watchtower made in the 80s,

“Shocking as it is, even some who have been prominent in Jehovah’s organization have succumbed to immoral practices, including homosexuality, wife swapping, and child molesting.” (W 1-1-86 p13) (bold added)

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Scenicviewer......Good point. Greenlees and Chitty are the Governing Body members from the 70s who were removed for homosexuality and child molestation, I think. I think it was Greenlees who raped a 17 year old boy.

Who knows what the current GB are into these days? Maybe they're all secretly looking at each other and thinking...'sausage jockey or kiddy fiddler?'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit