Do JWs really notice significant doctrinal change?

by keyser soze 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donuthole
    donuthole

As a JW, I looked forward to "new light". It never phased me. I wonder how I would have reacted to the newest generation change that pushes the boundaries of all logic.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Wikipedia still shows the GB "representing" the F&DS ("the approximately 11,800 remaining annointed wtnesses"). Add to this no mention yet of Mark Sanderson getting elevated to the rank of cardinal. So is Wikipedia still "nu_lite" and therefore good or will the GB = F&DS = GB render it apostate for discussing old_lite that was nu_lite?

• sir82
    sir82
    oh that makes much more sense.

That right there will be a pretty typical JW reaction.

"Oh did you hear the new light? They've determined that he 8th king in Revelation now corresponds to the invisible axe that cuts down Nebudchadnezzar's tree, and this occurs right after the fulfillment of Ezekiel's temple vision which of course is the antitype of the fall of Tyre."

"oh that makes much more sense."

• minimus
    minimus

sir, that was funny!

They're so brain dead, it ain't funny.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Context is everything. New light to us is further confirmation that the old stuff was bullshit, just like we thought. New light to them is confirmation that as the end gets closer, the light gets brighter. Kinda sad. But if you take the new light out of the context of coming from the FDS then how do they react? They rejected it as apostate lies. Context is everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit