Why witnesses don't celebrate Halloween

by usualusername 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

RBIHades: "say what now? pants?"

Moses never wore pants. Jesus never wore pants. None of the first century Christians wore pants. It wasn't until after the apostasy that trousers became fashionable.

And they were a fashion from Satan's system. Before the time of Christ, pants had already been worn by Persian cavalry. So Jesus would have known of their existence. Yet he never, ever, ever, never wore trousers. Pants as we know them today, came from the Celts. PAGANS! THE LOT OF THEM!

True Christians should dress like Christ... in modest dresses.

Pants are an evil tool of the Devil. They have an ancient history in paganism. And frankly, pants are just the Devil's way to rub your crotch!

In conclusion, I'd just like to remind everyone to mark your calendars, because Pantsmas is coming!

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

well, first thing i do when i come home is take off my pants. i thought that was out of comfort, i didn't realize it was part of worship.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I love Billy's Pantsmas thread.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't you know that Halloween is really the occasion for the demons to mourn their offspring (the Nephilim) who died in the flood?

My wife's hairdresser's third cousin's district overseer said it, so it must be true!

• hoser
    hoser

The real reason is that it keeps the kids separate from the rest of secular society and it only reinforces only associating within the group.

It really is a control issue rather than a religious one

• NomadSoul
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Halloween is pagan! ... Just like neckties and pants.

You've convinced me. My pants are coming off.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Don't you know that Halloween is really the occasion for the demons to mourn their offspring (the Nephilim) who died in the flood?

I remember this, but I can't find a reference to it. Anyone recall the reasoning behind this conclusion?

• Ding
    Ding

JWs don't celebrate Halloween because the GB says it's wrong.

If the GB came out with "new light" saying that it's a great witnessing opportunity, JW behavior would change overnight.

• Badfish
    Badfish

Yeah, my dad used to tell me that:

"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened." (Genesis 7:11)

From the Hebrew calendar would have been November 1, Day of the Dead. October 31 is the Eve of the Dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit