JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DON'T CARE When They Are Lied To!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

A JW experiences a small pang of cognitive dissonance...automatic tape starts in his head: "Where else will we go, you have sayings of everlasting life..."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They don't see it as lies. Sadly!

It reminds me of what one of the paedophile protecting GB members said something along the lines of; 'It's always been the truth it's just our understanding that changes.' OMG what a crock!!!!

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

An elder from my old Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses was fond of saying;.."No matter what Jehovah is still using THIS organization".

One fallout they can't prevent is that their children see the fraud for God and 80% of JW kids leave many elders have at least half their own kids disfellowshipped.If they have 2 kids 1 is dfed if they have 4 kids 2 are dfed.

The ones that remain are often living double lives.

• minimus
    minimus

yeah...being a JW is no longer fun.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Many Watchtower leaders are arrogant manipulative charismatic psychopaths like Jim Jones.

Some other bosses come off as just plain and ordinary regular folk,and these ones give 'trusting normality' to the more aggressive dictators.

Its a classic passive aggressive good cop bad copy dynamic.

Let Jehovah's Witnesses recruit you and they will (at first) sweep you off your feet with cult love bombing.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Bookmarked

• minimus
    minimus

They are conditioned in that they teach the followers that lying is ok if someone need not know the facts and you're doing it as theocratic strategy.

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Good thread. This is SO true. Most of my JW family live in a " fantasy land " of promises by the WT society and would rather not face the facts of any WT society criminality, injustices, or ANYTHING that criticizes the organization. It's very frustrating to me year after year dealing with this attitude

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, I agree that it is frustrating! It bothers me that people accept lies just because.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I do-- and I know the deceit, but I am too tired and alone to care at this point so I keep on just doing my thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit