I'm starting to love Facebook!

by I quit! 3 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Last year about this time Dagney who I knew as a friend years ago when I was a JW found me through Randy W. on facebook. Now, last night I got a friend request from my wife's second cousin. I told her how when she broke up with her husband and stopped going to meeting I asked my wife for her phone number and how my wife wouldn't give it to me. I'm sure it was because she felt I would corrupt her with my unjehovahish ideas. I mention this to 2nd cus last night and she informed me that when she left she tried to get my phone number from her JW family and none of them would give it to her. Because she is in Utah and I'm in California there wasn't much chance of bumping into each other.

Thank you facebook!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yea, it seems really weird behavior now that we are out, doesn't it? Not to give a relative a phone number? But when I was "in," I probably would have done the same thing...to protect the world from evil apostates.

We are a threat, really, I know that. But it seems crazy now.

See you Thurs!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep I am a big FB fan

• moshe
    moshe

Good to hear you got in touch with a relative on FB.

I quit FB last year - my sister did, too. We don't have the personality to get excited about other people's mundane postings and Hoboken, NJ vacation pictures -

Hoboken Photos
    This photo of Hoboken is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit