its finally here!!!!

by grumblecakes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

zid!!! check out my tree!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Cool!!

Hey, you can 'kill two birds with one stone' by buying pumpkins and carving them up for jack-o-lanterns, too....

Then you can eat the pumpkin, too!! Yummy!!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yeah!!! i saw that on your "halloween at ziddy's house"! im totally gonna try that!!

awww i wish i could go to your housefor halloween. post your decorations & costume this year againpls!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Argh.

I'm too fat to wear my 'dragon' costume this year. Gotta lose some weight AND fix the poor red-and-golden 'dragon'...

But I am having fun with it. I've purchased some cheapie "light-up yoyos" from Oriental Trading Co., and I hope to use the "light-up" unit as the flashing core of "ghosts", this year.

Plus, if I have time, I want to make some GOOD tombstones - not the cheapie styrofoam things. But that means cutting, carving, drilling and moving the light-up units from the styrofoam POS into the wooden ones...

Probably won't get it all done this year, but there's always NEXT Halloween!!

You're going to post YOUR pix, right???

• ziddina
    ziddina

If this works...

Crap! I can't grab the pix and post it here. Here's the link however:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/large-flashing-halloween-stretchy-noodle-ball-yo-yos-a2-25_3304-12-1.fltr?Ntt=light-up+yoyos

These are the flashing yo-yos. I cut them open, pull out the little flashing unit which is pressure-activated, and sew them into the "heads" of my ghosts...

Hope this helps...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

There!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

to put in your 13 ghosts? thatll look good. did you see the other suggestion about sticking glow sticks inside the toilet paper tubes? i wanna do that but i dont have shrubs :(

i like the tombstones! youre gonna keep the corpse-coming-out-of the grave right?

yeah i think ill post some pics, but mine will probably be unimpressive since im fading (baby steps lol). next year will be off the chain tho!!!! i think halloween is gonna be my favorite holiday!!!!! :D

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I wanna make one of these...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Grumblecakes, I think you've got a pretty good start with that tree...

There are a LOT of things a person can do. If you don't have a yard - or much of a yard, you can set up a "Halloween" display in your house/apartment. One of the fun decorating ideas I've seen, are those "spooky houses" - small ones, that can sit on a table - that you can make yourself with some glue, black construction paper, cardboard and neon-green and orange paper.

http://halloweenalliance.com/howto/haunted-house-mini-room-box.htm

• ziddina
    ziddina

Billy!!!

Yuk!

pumpkin hangover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit