its finally here!!!!

by grumblecakes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

im spending this morning drinking coffee and assembling/decorating my HALLOWEEN TREE!!!!!

(actually, imma call it a "Decemberween tree" because i plan on leaving it up all the way thru new years. kill two holidays with one stone)

Oh its so nice, all creepy and messed up looking (and it lights up too!!!!!)

Ahhhhh, sweet freedom :D

anybody else gettin ready for halloween?

• tiki
    tiki

hahaha sounds like fun! i just have a black twig punkin and a crow...................plus some vegetables on the front stoop......

• Heaven
    Heaven

grumblecakes we'd love to see some pics of it.

I have my punkin stack out that I crafted years ago. Also my plush stuffed black cat 'Alcatraz', 'Zippy' Bat and 'Superstitious' my stuffed plush spider.

I may get out my Hallowe'en candle holders. I have some neato ones.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

oooh ok, ill try...

is there a way too post pictures that doesnt involve setting up a seperate account somewhere?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Very fun.

S

• grumblecakes
  • grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yay! it worked!!!

@Heaven: I love the names of your plush halloween animals! Yes, get out the candle holders!!! Lets party!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So far the only decoration we've done for Halloween is a dummy. My husband took an old pair of jeans and work shirt and stuffed them with leaves. The ends of the sleeves go into a pair of work gloves, and the pant legs go into an old pair of work boots. The head is a basketball wrapped in black electrical tape, and the face is drawn with white auto body touch up paint. He's perched on a lawn chair at the front of our house. For some reason kids find it fascinating and are usually more interested in it than candy.

This year we're also going to cut different shaped eyes into toilet paper rolls and insert glow sticks to put in the bush and trees in our yard. I found the idea on Facebook, and it really looks creepy! We usually have about 500 kids for trick or treat, because the Kiwanis Club has a cake walk afterwards. We may not have as many this year, because it is going to be held on a different day.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Ooooooooh! I really like that toilet paper-glowstick idea! I might do that too!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I really likes your tree, grumblecakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit