Timing of new "faithful & discreet slave class" teaching

by sir82 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

The following is pure, 100% speculation, but I think it's fun to do anyway....

As has been posted on numerous threads, the "biggie" coming out of the Annual Meeting this past weekend is that now the "faithful and discreet slave" is considered to be the JW governing body only - not "all anointed nes on earth".

And has been posted, it seems that the most recent direct statement of the "old light" - that the FDS is composed of "all anointed" - was made in 2009.

So that makes me think - what happened between 2009 & 2012 to elicit such a change?

Both Jack Barr & Ted Jaracz - the last of the "old guard" - died in 2010.

The GB went from 9 members down to 7.

Assuming that the "2/3 majority" rule as written about by Ray Franz was still in effect, this scenario seems plausible:

1) In 2009 & before, the vote was 5-4 in favor of changing the teaching to the current understanding - not the 2/3 needed, so it did not change

2) Both Barr and Jaracz would have been in the minority, against making the change

3) After their deaths, the vote would then be 5-2 - more than the 2/3 majority needed to adopt it

4) In preparation for releasing this "new light", statements de-emphasizing the "all anointed are the FDS" and emphsizing the GB's authority were made repeatedly in WT articles for a couple of years

5) Finally, in October 2012, the time was right to announce the change

Of course, absolutely impossible to prove (unless someone does a "Ray Franz" and writes a book) but it at least seems plausible.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Could be? Why would Jaracz care? He was Mr. " two witness rule " till he died. I know it is just speculation... Increased partakers and the internet have got to factor in.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have a feeling this just lays the groundwork for some REALLY BIG and REALLY WACKY changes in the near future.

These new guys have 2014 breathing down their necks. Where's the fuck's the kingdom?

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

The kingdom IS HERE. We will reach perfection at the END of the thousand years. Is that what you imply?

Quite possible to puke such stupidities as new light. Satan could seem a problem though, but in a spiritual sense he is bound in inactivity: now he cannot influence God's FDS wehich is directly guided by Jehovah's Holy Spirit! ...

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Sir82,

I was actually thinking the same thing. They appoint Sanderson, he'll vote how he's told then make the announcement at the annual meeting.

That's crazy!

Fed-up

• elderelite
    elderelite

I tend to agree with BoC... Bigger wackyer stuff in store :-) I also dont think teddy would have opposed this change. Seems right up his alley.. I think dan sydlik's death was far more key. He was as down to earth as a gb member could be.

I feel like a broken record but this animal farm. One change or addition at time, keep the masses mostly ignorant and compliant and the take over is bafflingly easy

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

i third BoC's suggestion. this was just the groundwork to make sure they ALONE have authority to get as weird and f'd up as they want (theyve been hinting at it for a while).

things are about to get REAL crazy.

oh im so glad im awake now, cause this is some crazy s**t!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Anointed have Been Fired!..

Why would you need a New System right now?..

When you have..

8 WBT$ Golden Calves to Worship..

.................................. ... OUTLAW

• jam
    jam

My thought, they(8 members of the GB) will divide the money

and haul ass, or set aside a nice retirement package. They have

seen what happen to those who are to old to serve.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Just wondering, why now, are the GB concerned about they themselves are this "faithful and discreet slave" and no others?

They have for many years been the 'say' and the rulers and of the highest order of organizational rules and doctrinal.

They don't want anyone who even 'claim' to be of the "f & d slave" class now. Why? Of course, it is not for any scriptural advantage or clarity.

Are they concerned that some, anyone, of this former group to try to take over their positions? Is it a form of paranoia at the possibility? Is there an internal coup feared or schism?

Why are they changing this now of all the other concerns? Yes, there has to be another real reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit