Now that they finally admitted that the Faithful & Dicsreet Slave is ONLY the Governing Body what now?

by baltar447 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

basically there are 3 different tiers of anointed? The GB, the Faithful Slave and rest of the 144k? Only the WTS could produce such madness.

• binadub
    binadub

How will they explain Christ appointed -- especially as new ones are appointed?

~Binadub

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Forget the analogy of new light, how about recycling toilet paper so many times it becomes see through !

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

What now? Heres hoping some disgruntled annointed goes to the nex GB meeting with something automatic and an extra banana clip in case they're a bad shot. I wouldnt lose any sleep.

• elderelite
    elderelite

What now? I see this as a transition to say that the domestics in the parable are everybody, annointed or not. If the domestics, even in the first centry, were non annointed it solves the problem of how the number of annointed can go up. It also solves the problem of how you can have less than 144,000 faithful christians from the first centry untill 1914. They also can abandon russell totally if the notes lostgeneration shared are accurate (i dont doubt)... Theres more thats comming to me its just a lot to take in

• Londo111
    Londo111

In practice, this is the way it has been since the GB formed--they are only just now acknowledging what everyone else knew: They are in charge. They and the "Slave" are one. When they speak, the "Slave" speaks. When the "Slave" speaks, Jehovah speaks. They are the first Person of the Watchtower Trinity.

Most rank and file don't know the difference anyway. Heckā€¦about a decade ago I had a book study overseer insist that the "Slave" was the GB during the book study. At the next meeting, he gathered us together and corrected himself. Guess what? He was "right". The light gets cultier and cultier.

What I'm more surprised about is their saying the Russell wasn't part of the Slave.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Funny bit is the FDS parable has absolutely NO element of the master communicating his wishes via messenger back to the slave: in fact, it's the opposite, where the master returns, only to be SHOCKED to DISCOVER the slave has been neglecting his duties while the master is absent. What happened to Gods omniscience, knowing events back on Earth?

Talk about Foggy-brained shoe-horning, turning parables into a prophecy with two possible outcomes (evil or good), with legions of R&F that are too foggy-brained to see it!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Only one thing left to do.

Watchtower bible tract society jehovah's witness governing body obey the slave

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

I always thought the governing body was the faithful and discreet slave. We were always told to follow the slave's lead. Even though a distinction was made between the GB and FDS, the things said about the slave applied to the GB. If this is true, this will give us more amunition for "witnessing" to witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What Now?..

JW`s get to Shut Up and do as They`re Told..

Same as Yesterday..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit