Django - Trailer - does this encourage Racism? View at your own descretion

by dreamgolfer 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL ok fakesmile. I hear you. Yeah I understand what you're saying about the coin flip. I get that.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Great movie!!!! Highly recommended.

• scary21
    scary21

Loved Pam Grier in JACKIE BROWN another Quinten movie.

• mP
    mP

Ah Racism the little brother of religion. Both are inventions to fool and enslave the masses.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Django was a movie , movies are to entertain , shock , make you feel good , or piss you off , with the sole intent of making money for the financiers .

What is it you dont understand about that .

smiddy

• BroMac
    BroMac

Django is an epic Tarrantino film. Pulp Ficton beats it IMO I like having the characters name splashed on the screen lol. sadly missing from Django.

• BroMac
    BroMac

why would anybody be upset with the n word in the cinema in a film about slavery? I dont understand the ins and outs.

• undercover
    undercover

Does Django Unchained encouraged racism? Did Blazing Saddles? A straight up comedy/satire that made fun of racism but in order to do it, had to actually embrace the use of racist words, sayings and actions to get the point across.

Tarantino's movie are dark comedies (with some good revenge plots) that don't mind using the same techniques to get his point across. Sometimes it's pure entertainment, sometimes he's making a point, sometimes he wants to rewrite history and have the right people win.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Just saw most of res dogs last night. Gonna watch the rest, later. I'm trying to see the art of it. Carry on, gang.

S

• undercover
    undercover

Speaking of Resevior Dogs, I'll never think of Stealer's Wheel's 'Stuck in the Middle With You' the same again. That scene with Michael Madsen, the gas can and the song playing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit