Watchtower Get's Busted

by Christ Alone 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Anyone want to share some things that the Watchtower has gotten busted for that even they can't weasle their way out of? I was thinking about copyrighted images, illegal activity, etc...

Here are a few images they used that they "stole" from others, but claimed as their own. Of course, I don't know which were actually stock images or what. But it's interesting to see.

The first illustration is from The Bible Story by Arthur S. Maxwell (Review and Herald Publishing Association 1955) Volume 1, Page 52

The second one is from My Book of Bible Stories (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. 1978) Story number 3.

Here is the infamous Johnny Walker scandal:

• VM44
    VM44

The picture of the girl appearing in the "Live Forever" book is that of the German actress Pascale Petit.

The Watchtower made unauthorized use of her likeness, I am surprised legal action was not taken against them for doing that!

• BlindersOff1
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to bring up the illegal toxic dumps that took place in Walkill. I found this doc on jwleaks.

http://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/letter_on_illegal_toxic_chemical_dumping_at_watchtower_farms1.pdf

Yes, I know that the dumps supposedly took place in the 70's, but if you read this statement, notice what the claim is about covering it up:

"Apparently, for some unspecified period in the Watchtower's past, they were in the practice of burying their own wastes at this upstate location, instead of shipping it to a disposal facility. It was told to me that these barrels were just one of many old dump sites scattered in various locations around the complex. I was informed that many of these "dump cells" remaind in the ground at various locations on Watchtower property and what we found was merely the "tip of the iceberg". Some of these burial sites were pointed out to me during my involvement with this issue. This, I was told, was the reason for the emphasis on secrecy and concealment. Should I let this issue "get out", they believed it would be a "public relations nightmare" that could damage their public image and threaten the ongoing projects recently approved by community leaders."

Later in the article he talks about how the Watchtower tried to cover this up, even though the dumps took place years ago. The article continues:

"Initially, as I understand it, Watchtower sought to conceal the find by includidng it in with their normal haz-waste shipments. However, the amount of buried waste we discovered apparently greatly exceeded the hazardous waste shipment allowance their permits allowed them to generate during normal operations."

So how did they handle it?

"The recovered contaminated soil, occupying two dump trucks was taken to a field and spread into the soil using farm machinery. I was instructed to assist three others in spreading this soil. Though visibly contaminated with ink, no detailed analysis was done before spreading this material and no regulatory approvals were sought that I am aware of."

The lie gets worse:

"I was informed Watchtower filed a report with the NY-DEC claiming that there had been a minor spill affecting a small amount of soild and that the soil was recaptured and contained, but would require additional waste shipment. Apparently some were nervous that a DEC regulator might want to come out and investigate the problem in person. There was a collective sigh of relig when the DEC rep simply gave instructions over the phone as to how to proceed with the matter. A DEC report was generated and Watchtower was issued some sort of number identifying the event and allowing an additional waste shipment. "

Near the end of the doc he says:

"I was privy to discussions on how Watchtower would handle this issue going forward. It was feared that if revealed, the issue would damage Watchtower's reputation in the media, community leaders, and the public in general. Further I had the sense that the problme that remains is very large, spanning many years. Apparently a recovery effort would be large, costly, and highly conspicuous.

So I feel compelled to report this matter now, some 7-8 years later. The severity of my "confidentiality" regarding this matter was repeatedly emphasized to me by Watchtower staff...

...My direct knowledge only involves ten to fifteen barrels of waste, improperly handled and falsely reported. However, what I subsequently came to understand points to a much larger issue that would require additional investigation to regeal its true scale."

I guess the whole "he will bring to ruin those ruining the earth doesn't apply to them....

Maybe Losch will call down divine radiation to clean up the ink spills...

• Christ Alone
  • Christ Alone
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

This isn't exactly a scandle, but here is the environmental report regarding the new facility that the Watchtower is constructing. I wonder if this agency knows about their chemical dump coverup?

http://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/watchtower-headquarters-ny-warwick-final-environmental-impact-statement-june-6-2012-pdf.pdf

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Friday September 21, 2012

by Steven Unthank

The Victoria, Australia, State “Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and other Organisations,” including the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Watch Tower Society, has officially commenced, with the last of the formal submissions being presented to the Inquiry committee on Friday, 21 September, 2012.

Committee Chair, Ms Georgie Crozier MP said the Committee would now begin the formal process of accepting submissions and finalising the hearing schedule for 2012.

“The next stage of the Inquiry will involve the Committee analysing submissions and gathering further evidence from key witnesses through its hearing process,” Ms Crozier said.

“We anticipate hearings will be held in Melbourne and in regional areas from October and into 2013.”

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here's the transcript of Moyle when questioned. Leolia is doing a thread about that now: http://archive.org/details/OlinR.MoyleTrial

Here's the thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/239384/1/Rutherfords-smear-campaign-a-must-read

• VM44
    VM44

Did anything ever come from the reporting of the Watchtower illegal toxic waste dumping?

Did New York State take any action?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit