Our CO Visit was a Fund Raising Drive

by Red Piller 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Truthlover: "That was off the platform.. and I have never heard that before in all my time .." That's how I felt too. I can't remember anything so focused (pushy).

Poppers: "A year's salary" - that's what he said.

Last year, the CO in the private meeting mentioned something similar. It was his last visit, so of course he was talking about the next CO-not himself! He said to "remember to give a "small cash gift to the next CO. CO's are paid very little. $120[something like that]. How much could you do on $120, a month? It disappears fast brothers." (In all honesty, from what I see - despite green handshakes, it's a tough life on the road. They're being exploited like everyone else in the WT. So I do have some pity for the sincere ones.) And I never had heard that before.

Also, maybe the WT wants to introduce a tithing mind-set. The CO said that "it doesn't have to be a lot. Just try to be consistent. Even regular small amounts help." So many points - I can't remember them all. But, yes, that was the whole talk. Study, service, meetings - the typical talking points were nonexistent.

A tangent- and I would love to hear opinions: Last year's CO had a talk on debt (some analogy I can't remember.) He kept pronouncing the "d" in "debt" and "debtor." Sounded really weird and annoying. He can't possible not know how to pronounce such a common word. I felt it was manipulative in some way. Maybe to seem unlettered? "See how far I got without a formal education" ?

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

MaybeSo how have you seen the financial numbers? Was it part of your responsibilities?

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Red Piller, I used to work for a financial institution that some of the circuit and districts would use to hold funds in CDs and Money Markets. I can't go in specifics but these accounts weren't considered low funds accounts if you know what I mean.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Whatever happened to the old, 'When Jehovah sees fit not to provide the necessary means to carry on the work, we will know that it is done?' That's a paraphrase, and it may have been Russell who said it, which would make it irrelevant given his recent debunking.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have no problem with anyone saving for a rainy day (because I do), but the socety always presses everyone to live for daily bread only and Jeh with provide the rest.................... Do they do that?

That's what makes them hypocrites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit