This must be true because nothing else fits

by biometrics 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Am enjoying all this talk about muddy waters.... oh wait... y'all weren't talking about me...

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Recovery - By merely looking at this website, let alone opening an account and posting, you are in direct opposition to the counsel from the faithful and discreet slave. That makes you a rebel which is only a fraction of a millimeter from being an apostate yourself.

Love the line of reasoning the elder used. It's true because it has to be true. Rock solid.

• Satanus
    Satanus

1914 doesn't fit w it's primary wt component, the generation born around that time. Must be why the wt removed the unfitting part.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

As long as they keep removing the parts that don't fit, of course, all the left over pieces will fit. Check russel's and rutherfords early eschatalogical drivellings for other nonfitting and subsequently removed parts.

S

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thing is, there was a day that I would have said the same thing. It has to be true because nothing else fits.

And, I think that once a person is willing to take an honest look at the religion, it falls apart within a half hour.

• biometrics
    biometrics

While Elder X was doing his speech, he kept looking at me. It was almost as if he was waiting for me to give an approving nod, or some other small gesture of agreement. I kept staring straight into his eyes with a poker face, the only time I gave a slight nod of approval was when he said something to the effect of "If 1914 is wrong, all the other prophesy hanging off would be wrong also".

His look reminded me of my dog training days where the dog would wait on my next command. The dog knew my exact command from the smallest gesture, and was desperate to please me.

• Elizabeth123

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit