I was HAPPY as a JW! How did I end up here? Pt 2

by MC RubberMallet 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bryan
    Bryan

Good read! You should never know more than the GB! Really.... I bet they can't program a vcr.... Of course! They don't exist!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

MC, Thank you for posting your story. I am looking forward to read part 3.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Good stuff, keep it coming...

What is the Harold Camping failure??

Never heard of Google?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harold+camping+failure

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks for that , your elder pal sounds a decent man keeping your conversation strictly between the 2 of you, look forward to Part 3

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This entire Organization is based on "Do as I say not as I do" theology. They might as well call it the Red Herring Society :) Every single thing they say to do to test other religions for "truth" they prohibit their own sheeple to do because to do so would be to doubt God himself or the Governing Body personally or to be looking for error or seeking excuses or finding fault with the "food". The hypocrisy is so thick inside the Kingdoom Hall walls and Bethels hands so soaked with blood guilt that the stains will never be removed.

I remember reading a magazine they put out about "Propaganda" and screaming with rage about every single word in it applying to T
    THEMSELVES as though their collective sh*t not only didnt stink but was in fact sweet as roses. It made me want to puke that I ever associated my good name with this cult and worse yet...subjected my family to it.

Thank you for expressing so very succinctly the process of mind escape most of us have through. I know it will remove the logs from the eyes of many. :)

• SophieG
    SophieG

THIS!!!!!!! “Me: If I was a Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, or any religion, and I found out my beliefs were wrong, or parts of my history were no good, what would you expect me to do?
    Him: Leave. Do what Rev. 18:4 says.
    Me: So as a JW, am I exempt from that?
    Him: No, but wait on Jehovah.”

ARGHHHHH!!!!
    Rubber Mallet! This is the most LOGICAL line of reasoning. I have tried this. It seems to apply only to OTHER religions, not JWs!
    I said to friend once that JWs go door-to-door and show folks where their doctrines are false and snatch folks out of their religions all the time. Sooooo…if someone came to MY DOOR and showed me that my doctrines are untrue and can back it up, then logically I should be able to investigate and if I choose to, LEAVE!

No, JWs get to wait on Jehovah because they are “special”. They have cornered the market on “the Truth” .They are so special they can spew crap in his name and get away with it. Actually they should really be AFRAID that Jehovah is going to slap the crap out of them sooner or later. Oh but wait…they will scream ” PERSECUTION!”

Sorry I did not meant to hijack your thread, RM!….just over the hubris of this org!

Awesome story…can’t wait for the next part!

• Meadow36
    Meadow36

Ruminating....I'm new here. I reached out in desperation on this board and everyone was so helpful. I don't know what's next for me...i feel as though my life has been lived and now I'm just waiting to die. But my Son is on the fast-track to Bethel. I'm nauseous. I wish we could talk personally.

Witness My Fury: What is google??

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

MC - Thank you for telling your story. Can't wait for Part 3.

I think most of us reached that point of seeing cracks in doctrine (the Revelation-Climax book did it for me, too), hypocrisy (pointing the finger at other religions), and the filth (pedophilia).

Once you see it you can't un-see it.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Meadow36
    Meadow36

yes...the Revelation Book started me questioning things ever so slightly. I remember sitting in bookstudy thinking "How the HELL did they come up with THAT?!" A thought I loyally squashed.

I too want to thank you, MC.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brilliant M C.... I am awaiting an email back from an old friend that I met up with this Summer. If he rises to the bait of the Q's I raised - I may wish to plagiarise some of your lines of reasoning ......

I am putting this rather dull post just to mark the thread . Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit