Rutherford's smear campaign (a must read)

by Leolaia 198 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds like Peter got the thumb screwed down on him just because of a letter his father wrote to Rutherford.

In turn he got inadvertently shunned by the rest of his close and fellow JWS because of his father's letter,

so he was more or less pushed into writing a letter of disapproval concerning his father's deeds.

Putting situations like this together with all the opposing animosity from outside the organization,

its no wonder why the WTS. came up with such strong armed DF practices.

From the time when Rutherford first grasp control over the WTS. he was probably in a constant

state of paranoid nervousness of whether or not he could maintain this sought after personal

kingdom of power and control.

Any sign of diversion or dissonance among his surrounding peers and they were quickly chopped

at the heels and cast away.

As with all man made power structures such as this, the holder of the upper most power, thwarts dissension by acts of discipline

to keep certain ones separate and away from the rest and as a means to show what can happen to those who pose hindering questions

onto the activities of the person holding that position of power.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, Barbara Anderson did relate her experience talking with Arthur Worsley (mentioned on p. 1 of this thread), who had testified at the trial:

According to the trial transcript, Moyle’s problems began after he wrote a personal letter to Rutherford in which he expressed his aversion to Rutherford’s excessive drinking and extremely abusive behavior to others, behavior which he personally observed and heard complaints about. And Arthur Worsley, a long-time Bethel staff member well-known to Kelly and Reusch, was one of the people who complained to Moyle about the indignities heaped upon him by Rutherford. .... I brought up the name of Arthur Worsley to Kelly and Reusch. We discussed Arthur’s part in the Moyle trial and both men agreed Arthur testified falsely during direct examination. I told them, after reading the Moyle transcript, I spoke with Arthur, a good friend, about his testimony for the Watchtower defense. Olin Moyle alleged that one morning in the Bethel dining room Arthur had been unjustifiably publicly denounced without cause by Rutherford. Arthur complained to Moyle how humiliating the incident had been. However, in court Arthur said he thought Rutherford was justified in denouncing him for his actions. He said the scolding wasn’t out of order and, much to Moyle’s amazement, Arthur said he did not complain to anybody.

Yet, Arthur told us about the dining room incident and condemned Rutherford for humiliating him. We also discussed why he testified under oath that he never heard any filthy language at the Bethel table, or why he denied that liquor was glorified at the table, when, in fact, he told us the opposite. Clearly upset, Arthur sadly replied that Rutherford [and Knorr?] would have dismissed him from Bethel if his testimony had substantiated Moyle’s allegations. And because he had nowhere else to go, he lied to the court.

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html

• VM44
    VM44

The evidence presented in this thread shows that "Judge" Rutherford was the Evil Slave!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thanks once again for the info Leolaia

With this particular situation at hand and Rutherford's lavish style of living, I just cant help but wonder just how stupid people were to believe in him.

Its no wonder at the end of his life, his own family had grew to despise him.

The Watchtower Corporation had become his first and most prominent love of his life, right up until the day he died.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Then at the end of December 1939, the January 1, 1940 issue of the Watchtower was published with the following letter from the Waukegan Company of JWs:

Resolution adopted by the Waukegan (Illinois) Company, published in the 1 January 1940 Watchtower
    : "We believe that Brother Howlett's visit was timely, fully under the direction of the Lord. There has been so much confusion created by those letters that O. R. Moyle sent to the different brethren throughout this particular area....We, the undersigned [including Fred and Jessie Aebly], wish to express our appreciation and thanks to Jehovah's Theocratic arrangement on each, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. We deem it a privilege and honor to serve Jehovah and have a part in the vindication of his name. We declare ourselves wholeheartedly for Jehovah and his King, Christ Jesus, standing firmly in the belief that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is still being used to make clear to his anointed the truths which are being revealed from his vast Storehouse of Treasures, the Bible".

Moyle immediately wrote to the Aeblys about the letter they signed:

#52:
    Olin R. Moyle to Fred and Jessie Aebly, 30 December 1939
    : "And so you have joined the hue and cry. The Watch Tower just arrived containing the statement signed by Waukegan company and with your names thereon. I note particularly the statement: 'There has been so much confusion created by those letters that O. R. Moyle sent to the different brethren throughout this particular area.' You remember that you came to see us and expressed your sympathy and desire to know the truth. You wanted to know what the facts were and to see the letter I sent to Judge Rutherford. We loaned you a copy of that letter and now we see your names signed to a letter telling how I sent that particular letter throughout the area. How can you justify such action? It seems to me that we are entitled to an explanation".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A few days later he wrote to a friend:

#53:
    Olin R. Moyle to R. H. Barber, 5 January 1940
    : "I have followed your good advice in large measure. I have not discussed the matter except with a few personal friends, and, reports to the contrary notwithstanding, I have not been circulating or publishing the letter to JFR. The readiness with which some brethren have signed false statements concerning such circulation is astounding. I wouldn't have believed it possible some months ago. As far as the local company is concerned with the exception of a few friends the entire company is ignorant of what happened, except the Society's side of the story. In spite of the fact that we have kept still and attended strictly to Kingdom business the thing is fermenting and boiling underneath, and I fear someday will break forth in to an eruption. The cause will be the continuous bringing up of the matter in the Tower thru its articles and letters sent it. This constant bombardment from the Tower is slowly but surely breaking down Sister Moyle's nerves and health. She is a good soldier and stands it well. I tell her sometimes that we haven't quite had everything handed to us that Job did but that we are well on our way. It's very difficult to stand by under this devilish treatment without hauling off and awaiting someone in return.....

In spite of all this I am still convinced that the Lord is using the Society as His channel for the dissemination of truth. I cannot see that he will continue to use the organization if this kind of business continues, but it's His organization and I am confident He will either clean it out or guide us in the proper way to go".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Seems that there was a lot of back stabbing two faced people back in the day, in modern terminology its

called positioning oneself within the company.

Its a shame that so many people became idolized slaves to the Watchtower Corporation, when in reality it was just a

commercialized false prophet, exploiting people insecurities, fears and ignorance.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Moyle comments indicate that he shared the same delusion as Rutherford and the rest of the bretheren. But the delusion is showing some cracks in Moyle's psyche over his harsh treatment by those he considered the Lord's Organization. I wonder how far he able to get free this delusion latter after a few years? Did he form his own little bible study group later that had similar trappings??

This gives a classic example of how people minds can change when confronted with a supreme authority figure inside a cult. I'm sure some psychologist would have a feild day with this stuff.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Frankiespeaks:

I wonder how far he able to get free this delusion latter after a few years? Did he form his own little bible study group later that had similar trappings??

It's Leo's story to tell: she's getting there, so stay tuned...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other sad and disturbing part of this story is Moyle became an alcoholic after leaving the WTS.

The emotional disturbing personal experience with Rutherford and the WTS. eventually drove him to drink and probably

brought about his ill health until he died. One of the many thousands of deaths indirectly caused by the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit