Why are there 3 versions of the Watchtower

by perfect1 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• perfect1
    perfect1

Can someone explain to me the purpose of printing 3 different versions of the Watchtower. In my day there was one.

Who are they meant for.

• St George of England
    St George of England

There are only two versions:-

1st of the month - Public edition (For the public)

15th of the month - Study edition (For JW's)

Awake magazine - once per month

George

Ed - There is a 'Simplified' edition of the study magazine for those whose native language is different or they are very young or not well educated.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Like shirt sizes: Small, medium and large.

Rub a Dub

• perfect1
    perfect1

On this page there is a study version, a simplified version, and another version.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

The "simplified" edition is ALSO for college graduates and university-level-speaking people (who speak too "abstractedly") as EXAMPLES for how to talk more conversationally. Because of course anybody with higher education can't speak normally or conversationally.... I forget which latest magazine had a "quote" about this.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's only 2. The reason they told everyone was so that they could instruct in more advanced things which worldly people wouldn't understand. Everyone thought finally some new things and not the same ole. In reality it's been so that every month they can in one form or another have OBEY THE GB articles, shun and treat faders as mentally disased, while the public versions will say read the bible and get holy spirit for understanding, and that JW's and studying does not result in family breakups and that nobody should have to choose between family and their beliefs.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Wowee.

Dont the new people get a little suspicious.

At what point do you get the real deal.

• man oh man
    man oh man

You get the real deal when you are going to meetings. Then you will hear it with all there supporting the false views. This indoctrination process is very effective. Group think can be very powerful. Yes the kool aid version kills a persons thinking ability. This is why it is sooooo important that you give comments at the meetings, so the person joins the "crowd". Adding this to the persons bible teach book indoctrination, basically takes away the persons true personality and they become part of the borg.

• berryqueen
    berryqueen

There's another WT, not in print but in sign language as well. They have it every week. I know this because I have their dvds for WT study. (I haven't been to the meetings in a year)

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

There are three versions:

1) The Public Version: Talks about love and kindness

2) The Study Version: Talks about hate and shunning

3) The Simplified Version: For those who are less intelligent. This is the one the Governing Body use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit