Birth Control

by turtleturtle 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Time to throw those standards out the window with all the other wt rubbish.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

The development of all the parts of an embryo begins at conception, when the ovum, or egg cell, of the woman is fertilized by a sperm cell of the man.

This too indicates that according to the Bible, a child exists as a person from the time of his conception. Yes, that is when human life begins.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009202

Hypocrites...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" This too indicates that according to the Bible, a child exists as a person from the time of his conception. Yes, that is when human life begins."

And according to the percentages up there most of that "life" ends soon after.

The facts of life from the wt is dumbed down and incomplete.

• cofty
    cofty

I think you have made a very good point.

The borg lack the courage to be consistent with their their own teaching on this matter.

They assert life begins at fertilisation but fail to give a clear direction on contraception that primarily works by preventing implantation.

Disclaimer - I am not arguing against abortion.

• perfect1
    perfect1

I find this conversation appalling.

What problem do you have with the pill.

Go to your local Planned Parenthood- they do more than abortions- and get some real medical advice.

• matt2414
    matt2414

If life begins at conception, as the JWs believe, does that mean that God is going to resurrect all the dead embryos -- whether they were aborted by accident or on purpose -- back to the earth as part of the Great Crowd? If they are "life," wouldn't God be obligated to bring them back in order to be consistent with the "life-at-conception" dogma? How would he do that since embryos can't survive outside their mothers' bodies? Would the mothers be resurrected pregnant? What if she had many embryos that were aborted? I'm just wondering.

• cofty
    cofty

I find this conversation appalling.

Why? Its got nothing to do with the rights or wrongs of contraception or abortion. Its about the borg's hypocrisy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The bible does not address the practice of abortion, and it was common enough. But some have chosen it as a Christian banner, even though Christ had nothing to say about it either. Some take certain scriptures, add a bunch of thought to them, and conclude that abortion is wrong. Good enough. For them. Others will read the same scriptures and draw a different conclusion. Good enough. For them. Some don't concern themselves with scriptures at all. Good enough. For me.

But I'd say that if your view of life is even more extreme that the religion that you follow, then you need to take personal responsiblity for that and not get angry at an org that may see it differently. You don't want to take the pill? You define life at the joining of sperm and egg? Then do something about it. It's on YOU. If it is that important to you, why would you ever leave it up to anyone else to do your research?

We don't understand life the same, we don't all understand it's start the same, and we don't all accept that zygotes have property rights. The bible is silent on the matter. If you wish to go beyond, take responsiblity for that decision. Choice. That's what it's all about.

The WT is crap, so why worry about their view? They are wrong on all kinds of things. We all walked away because we disagree with them. Most of us walked away and turned left, a few of us turned right. Go where your conscience leads you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I understand what you are saying, that it's a direct contradiction on the part of the WT, concerning "life."

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

First off, YES I am against abortion and am proud of it! Over 50 million abortions have happened since 1973.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit