JW's misrepresenting their relationship with xjws.

by panhandlegirl 40 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Satanus, how funny. I never even thought about the use of the word "class" in jw lingo. Thanks for the reply.

PHG.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Don't forget to say things like "Reproach on the Organization", "Stumbled", "Poor Witness", etc. Give them a well-earned dose of their own loaded language!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

GLTirebiter, thanks for the help. I will try to incorporate these terms into my letter. I plan to send them a copy of the letter in Spanish also because it is a Spanish congregation. I will have it reviewed by my Spanish Professor for accuracy. My beef is that jws act like xjws don't count, as if we have been rejected by the whole world as undesirables. I refuse to be treated in that manner. JWs have no compunction in treating xjws like dirt so I intend to reply in the same manner; NO HOLD BARRED, Let the chips fall where they may. I can't get df'd again.

PHG.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

The DFed persons can spread the words (facts) about their DFing to warn everyone outside about the JW cult too.... It helps those who are not aware of the cult from falling into the trap should some JW approach them later.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I was angry because this elder, whom I have never seen or met and who will not speak to me, represented himself as a friend/family member of mine to my classmate. This is just hypocritical of him. If jws don't speak to us, I feel that they should not speak about us as if they are our friends or associates. They should not use our persona for whatever reason they choose.
    panhandlegirl

You have made a strong and valid argument. Its indeed a shame that Jehovah's Witnesses would speak to us through third parties or to individuals who know us. They take sadistic delights in slandering us to others who are not even Jehovah's Witnesses. The level of their hatred toward us is very baffling and far out of character with their suposedly loving god Jehovah. I have already experienced this before.Iam therefore, not even surprised by your experiences although yours is upclose, being at family level.

Scott77

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

FingersCrossed, I have been very vocal in my witness against jws and their disfellowshipment and shunning of those who disagree with their teachings. I was actually df'd for refusing to comply with their rule to not discuss the Bible with my df'd husband who was df'd for smoking. To me, it was a matter of free speech. Also, as I understand the marriage arrangement, the two become one. The interference of the jc in what I chose to discuss with my husband was unacceptable. The people I have told about how jws df,shun, and break-up families are appalled and say they will not welcome any jws that come to their door. In fact, they say they will ask them about their shunning of those who have left the organization.

You have made a strong and valid argument. Its indeed a shame that Jehovah's Witnesses would speak to us through third parties or to individuals who know us

Scott77, I'm glad you think my argument is "strong and valid." I am sick and tired of jws treating us as children who have misbehaved and been sent to the corner as punishment and no one is allowed to play with us. When my Catholic cousin told me his jw sister had told him that "She (referring to me) knows the rules" it made me angry because I do not recognize any jw rules. That is why I am no longer a jw, I will not follow their rules; their rules do not apply to me.

I agree that "The level of their hatred toward us is very baffling and far out of character with their suposedly loving god Jehovah." I believe that some jws feel that as xjws we have no rights and ought to submit to their rules of conduct. By writing this letter to the BOE, I am attemping to put them on notice that I will not put up with their disrespect of me or their trampling on my personal life; xjws have not been disfellowshipped from the world.We have rights, value, values and worth and I will not tolerate their abuse. They may just tear my letter up, maybe not even read it, but I intend to make my feelings known. I have nothing to lose.They have already taken all they can take from me.

PHG

• 00DAD
    00DAD

PHG: If you are reading this paragraph, I trust that you are more unbiased than she. I do not want anything from you. I merely want you to know that we, former jws also have our values.

Nice letter. I bet you feel better already and you'll probably feel even better after you mail it! You go girl!!!

I would only suggest you change "trust" to "hope" as you undoubtedly know that the BOE are just as biased as your cousin and her husband. Also, you might add at the end, "which are apparently higher than some JWs!"

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

00DAD, Thanks for your input. I will add what you have your suggested to the letter. Yes, they will be just as biased as my relatives were. I wish they could act decently but I guess that is too much to ask of jws.

PHG

• 00DAD
    00DAD

PanHandleGirl,

Let us know if you get a response. But I wouldn't hold my breath!

00DAD

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

panhandlegirl:

Just a note: this is not about wanting to be accepted by JWs. This is about JWs being dishonest about their real relationship with ex-JWs. So, when somebody says to a JW "how's so and so", the JW should answer honestly and say: "We no longer have any contact with so and so since they left/were df'd from the religion. Our religion tells us not to bother with those who are no longer one of us".

When a JW doesn't come clean and say this to a "wordly" person with inquiries about an ex-JW they are being dishonest, pure and simple.

The reason I feel it is important to stress this is because some JW will misconstrue what you say to make it sound as if you WANT their friendship, approval, etc. Surely, this is not the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit