Any one here Know much about homeopathic med's?

by lydia 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Megadude

Thanks. I will probably write her.

SS

• Introspection
    Introspection

SS, I do stretch but sometimes you get to a point where you're in so much pain and tension that you can't, and you know I have some pain tolerance if I've done rolfing. I agree that maintenance stretching is a good idea, I am going to try to do that daily instead of just before workouts.

Why exactly did you do Rolfing? Just to get the traditional set of 12 sequences? Without knowing more about the conditions involved it would be impossible to do a fair comparison. Incidentally, this guy will work on specific problem areas instead of throwing the whole set at you, a lot of them are doing that now.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hopefully he'll leave out the rolfing move where he sticks his finger deep into your nose to spread the nasal cartilage. OUCH!!!!

• cynicus
    cynicus
    It wasn't that long ago, that today's alternatives were the norm. In Europe and Asia, they still are traditional medicine.

It wasn't too long ago that these same norms taught people that the world was flat, that the sun revolved around the earth, or that earth was the centre of the universe. That there was something as aether between the planets, that flogiston actually existed, that elves and fairies weren't only make believe, that Jews were an inferior race, that it was ok to use black people as slaves, etc, etc, etc. Really, Mulan, this argument is so flawed! Semmelweiss or Hahnemann, Pasteur or Paracelsus, Lister or Mesmer, you are still comparing apples and oranges. Yet there are people who believe that magnets can remove the calcium from their tapwater, that sheer Israeli-Austrian mindpower can bend spoons or make old clocks tick, or that cards do predict the future, not to mention what's written in the stars.

Mulan, no offence, but In Holland we have a saying 'whose bread you eat, whose word you speak'... I can understand your view but you have to realize that amongst others, homeopathy is a dangerous business, almost as dangerous as being a JW. I am equally quick to admit that traditional or allopathic medicine can be very dangerous too. However, it is the state of mind of alternative medicinists that gives me the creeps, and in some cases makes me very angry. Sick persons need help, and often they find themselves in a negative downwards spiral of denyal and ridicule by persons around them. And I've seen too many times that alternative medicinists are only too happy to provide their solutions, not to say cures to those who have no hope. If you deny insuline to a diabetes patient, the outcome is simple: the patient dies, no matter how much sound-scales she listens to, how many different color-aroma combinations are viewed/inhaled, which particular Reiki-master is invoked, how many liters of her own urine she consumes, or which colloidal mineral are being held to her body, or how many prayers were said by all the Kuhlmanns, Popoffs or DiOrio's of this world.

Quite recently a quite rational not to say skeptical TV personality over here who was diagnosed with BREAST CANCER, very dangerous although treatable, she decided to believe alternative medicinists who told her that it was only a bacteriological infection that could be treated with some magnetic wonder device. She died a cruel death within several months, at the age of 45, still experiencing her daily magnetic treatments.

Cynicus' First Postulate:

Alternative medicine is equally dangerous as eschatological cults.

And as far as Europe goes, alternatives are NOT considered traditional, most certainly not in the part where I live. Thank you, I only live there.

---
    Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Intro

I had two specific problems that i wanted help with. I asked him if his treatments would do it. He said yes. He lied.

Mega

When he stuck his fingers up my nose, i thought it was funny and started laughing.

SS

• Mulan
    Mulan

Cynicus: I agree with you. There are fanatics everywhere. My beloved cousin, Sharon, died last September from breast cancer. She took the traditional route, and died anyway. Who can figure?

Balance is the key. If I break my leg, give me morphine. Herbs won't do it! There can be a happy marriage of all the kinds of medicine. I just don't like bashing one kind, because you don't understand it.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• cynicus
    cynicus

Balance yes, understanding no: When one of my kids developed a simple medical complaint (finger warts) allopatic stuff (Formula-W and all that) didn't help a bit. Some homeopathic fluid made them disappear in less than a fortnight! Another kid of mine, younger and of opposite sex, had exactly the same problem some year later. My wife immediately went for the homeopathic medicine and guess what? Nothing happened. Two weeks of Formula-W and all warts gone.

I don't understand that, although I know all about the personal treatment thing, the holistic approach, gestalt-stuff and awww --- but it only proves to me that there's no such thing as simple medicine. To me any doctor or healer is equally bad. And those who lie, no matter whether they sell the real mc coy or snake oil, are the worst. That I do understand.

Yet I learned to be balanced and eat some humble pie since I've experienced firsthand that sometimes things work (not only with the warts), and sometimes they dont. You can't cure cancer tumors with magnets, the sound of bagpipes, or the use of leeches, for sure, and sometimes you can't even cure them with X-rays or chemo. QED.

Mulan, thanks for your balanced reply, whilst I notice that I might have sounded more harsh than I intended.

---
    Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit