Light a Candle for Oompa

by BabaYaga 94 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

doofdaddy

Death usually brings self reflection on our own lives, the decisions we have made and possible regrets. That's why some react in bizarre and incomprehensible ways. It's their stuff to sort out not project.

Yes this is very true. I've seen for myself how grief can cause people to respond in an extremely destructive manner. It's sad.

Cedars

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Just because someone doesn't know another personally doesn't stop it from being tragic. I think most of us get that - it's tragic.

I don't care what other posters have to say about this. My point of view on this is what matters to me.

I lit a candle and I did meditate on the sadness of it - that he just couldn't find one little thing to hold on too. I know that feeling. I have wanted to go down that route as well. Each day is a great accomplishment of life.

• lost1
    lost1

I never knew Oompa but lit a candle to show my personal respect. Have no time for those who being disrespectful whether drunk or sober.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

oompa was very self distructive we all know that and it may be a relief for family members who are mourning to acknowledge this aspect in order that they don't blame themselves. I also agree with NN that the recession had something to do with pushing Oompa over the edge. But ontoh the WTS is very cruel to those who are suffering any kind of illness.

Most here have probably been offering oompa wordless support as often there isn't anything one can say other than to feel for the person. so i don't agree with Nathan when he says we are hypocrites

edit: lighting a candle now

• undercover
    undercover

Nathan, I see where you're coming from... to a point. But if you think it's over the top, don't add to the hysteria by getting everyone worked up by being contrary. Just bite your tongue and let people grieve in their own way. We're all different and people react differently to this kind of news.

Personally, if this had been someone that I had only communicated with on this board through crossing posts, I proabably would have given condolences and moved on. But in this case, I knew Eric. Met the man, dined with the man. Talked with the man. Didn't know him well, but he turned to me a couple of times in times of need and ya know what? I wasn't always there for him. So I'm feeling pretty fucking low about this whole deal, so I don't need any sanctimonious crap from anyone calling me a hypocrite.

• arwen
    arwen

I lit a candle for Oompa. He was a a big part of our JW.Net family. We saw his pain,,felt his pain, and some of us shared his pain. It doesnt matter what shape his mental health was in when he took his life. He was a person and he was loved. May he RIP now.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im miss him so :(

Ive lit a candle. And Ive had a candle burning for him in my house too. Thank you x

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.................................OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Candle lit and glowing!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

thank you for this I lit mine as well! ***to oompa***

Share this

Google+
Pinterest