You Won't be Resurrected.

by smmcroberts 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Over the past 10 years or so, however, researchers have demonstrated that the human body is not such a neatly self-sufficient island after all. It is more like a complex ecosystem-a social network-containing trillions of bacteria and other microorganisms that inhabit our skin, genital areas, mouth and especially intestines. In fact, most of the cells in the human body are not human at all. Bacterial cells in the human body outnumber human cells 10 to one. Moreover, this mixed community of microbial cells and the genes they contain, collectively known as the microbiome, does not threaten us but offers vital help with basic physiological processes-from digestion to growth to self-defense.

My midi-chlorean count is of the chart YO!!!! Higher than Master Yoda's!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Moshe said:

I hope the several trillion bacteria and viruses that call my body home get recreated, too. Otherwise my body just won't be able to operate correctly.

Yes, but while all those commensal micro-organisms are required for health and life, they aren't actually part of "you", i.e. they don't play a role in determining your personality; hence any others that provide the same function will suffice.

It's the same thing when someone takes a course of oral antibiotics, and they kill off much of the bacteria living in the gut; some will consume probiotics (eg yogurt with active cultures) afterwards to repopulate the gut, but the person's personality doesn't change (unless being constipated without them makes someone cranky!).

• sd-7
    sd-7

Since I won't be resurrected, you know what that means. You don't? It means I need to use more words that start with 'f' and end with 'k'.

Fork.

Freak.

Flick.

Flack.

Flock.

And so on.

--sd-7

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think i'm right in saying that those who go to heaven have to die. So none of the body of Christ actually get their reward.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Whether or not you believe the Bible is irrelevant for this next question. Just based on what the scriptures convey, no one is getting any resurrection until Christ's return, right? So there was no resurrection in 1919 or whatever, because Christ did NOT return ( especially invisibly ) in 1914. So the pastor in the video said that he KNOWS that when he dies he will be in the Lord's precense. IF there are not any resurrections until the Lord's return then that can't be true. So it we have a spirit that lives on, and we finish our earthly/material course, then do we take a spiritual nap until Christ's return? If all the theories about Quantum Physics are correct and time/space is an illusion or hologram of sorts, then time itself is irrelevant. So a soul/spirit/you could " awaken " in billions or trillions of years and it would not matter, it would have occured in the blink of an eye from your perspective. I thought that Pastor's point were great, i just had issues with that one point. Any thoughts?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Post 340 of 340
    Since 8/20/2011

I think i'm right in saying that those who go to heaven have to die. So none of the body of Christ actually get their reward.

this isn't what i believe but i think JW's teach all those who go to heaven have to die. and if they die. nothing lives on and so it seems to me that they teach nobody goes to heaven. God recreates new spirit creatures who have memories like theirs.

Which if this is true would it seem then that the body of Christ doesnt recieve their heavenly reward.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

According to the scriptures, there's no reason that someone who died fifty years ago can't be resurrected now. Jesus was the firstfruits of those who slept. After his resurrection, the scriptures teach that many of the bodies of the saints that slept arose and went into the city and were seen by many. Some of these may have lived and died in the Old Testament times, as some of the ancient prophets for example.

The body is a tabernacle and houses the spirit of man. The cellular mechanism that replicates cells of the human body suffers very slight mutations or distortions that keep this replication from being perfect. Thus the body ages and eventually breaks down.

The spirit at death is released and people who have had life after life experiences say they can recall every aspect of their lives down to the tiniest smell, color and word. All recollections are extraordinarily vivid. So also is the resurrection of the dead.

I'd rather not be resurrected if it means I have to live in a so-called "paradise" on earth, where everyone's a Jehovah's Witness and lions become vegetarians. What they call a "paradise" would be "hell on earth" to me.

No thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit