How do we get to 1914 and then 1919?

by God_Delusion 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Blondie:

The WTS has a way of putting in a citation of a scripture near an assertion.

That replicates a sales technique, but I can't recall what it is called.

You make several true statements and then insert your idea, which those hearing assume to be true also

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is an EXCELLENT discussion, folks! It reminds me of what this board was like a decade ago! I'm really am loving it!

A reminder to the players - yes, of course almost all of us now recognize the "Bible-based chronology" as pure bullshit, but what we want to do here is extract the Watchtower "reasoning from the scriptures" so that we can then shine a bright light on that pretzel logic with all it's "and then something magical happened" leaps of faith... a fine example of this is the Watchtower's claim that the distance (expressed in furlongs) between the Pittsburg Bible House and Brooklyn Bethel (following a specific route) had scriptural significance. I'll bet not a Dub alive today can tell you how many furlongs were involved, what the route was, or what they "proved."

Well done, everybody!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that the WTS organization shows is that there many diverse ways men will strive to attain power, control and money. $$$

If its a religious publishing house then so be it, as well to its established inherent and prevailing corruption.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So in Watchtowerthinc TM , the "prophetic day" of a year for a day is the scriptural rule, unless it doesn't fit what they are trying to prove, then it isn't.

Makes my head hurt.

• cedars
    cedars

kurtbethel

So in Watchtowerthinc TM , the "prophetic day" of a year for a day is the scriptural rule, unless it doesn't fit what they are trying to prove, then it isn't.

Precisely. That's how a three and a half day period can magically become nine months!

Cedars

• shamus
    shamus

a fine example of this is the Watchtower's claim that the distance (expressed in furlongs) between the Pittsburg Bible House and Brooklyn Bethel (following a specific route) had scriptural significance. I'll bet not a Dub alive today can tell you how many furlongs were involved, what the route was, or what they "proved."

Seriously? :O

It sounds like nine months of majic! :D

Who won the raisins?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Perhaps if you take 1914, add the mark of the beast which is 666, subtract the 24 elders and number of the great crowd divided by 144,000 and carry the one, yeah then you can clearly see the prophetic significance of that year.

watchtower governing body math

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Allow me to try. It has to do with the 3 1/2 year period. If you want scriptures and references, I will have to look it up. The "seven times" end in the fall of 1914.

First line of evidence then is the "time, times, and half a time" of Dan. and Rev. This amounts to 3 1/2 years, which start at the end of the year 1914, concluding in 1919. Second line of evidence is Jesus' second inspection of the temple. He did this at the end of his earthly ministry. If he became king in 1914 he would have inspected the temple then for the first time. Second time would be in 1919, according to "time, times and half a time" = 3 1/2 years.

Here they also use the "two witnesses" in Revelation. problem with this is the "two witnesses" would be killed by the beast from the abyss, which they later identify as the League and the UN. However the League would only be created after the death of the "two witnesses." How can they be killed by an entity that did not exist?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

What I have not been able to figure out is how they know the first resurrection started in 1919?

• cedars
    cedars

I was hesitant to post this at first, but what the heck! Life is too short.

Here is the diagram we received as a hand-out when discussing this topic in our MTS class.

1914 1919

The information is fairly recent, because my MTS class was within the last 10 years.

All writing in blue is taken from my scribbled notes from what the MTS instructor was telling us.

I hope you all find it helpful.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit