Are JW's REALLY the cause of people committing suicide?

by scotoma 39 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dog is god
    dog is god

disfellowshipping=spiritual, moral, emotional, judgmental lynching.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We had two suicides in our congregation in recent years. One was a woman who had been disfellowshipped and reinstated. I think she had a lot of issues with her family but the Watchtower religion surely didn't help.

• dog is god
    dog is god

There were two physical twin sisters in my cong. One had some serious emotional problems. She "heard voices" so the elders told her she was demonized. She killed herself. Now THAT"S amore!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I remember another poster who took his own life. What as his name again?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Are you kidding? The watchtower takes everything away and you expect a person to act rational?

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((((((Grace)))))))))))) We are SO HAPPY that you are here. And SO HAPPY that you are "mouthy" too! :-) Love you!

• cedars
    cedars

As many are saying - VERY poor timing.

Cedars

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

No JW's aren't responsible for people who take their own life...... The Governing Body are.

They are the ones who are responsible for promoting the BS and giving men authority they are not entitled to have, men who are not qualified to tell others how to live their lives.

Stupid question and definately the wrong time to ask it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I read somewhere that the main causes of suicide for younger people was mental illness coupled with an oppressive/bullying situation for which they see no end. The suicide option is less painless. For older people, it's hopelessness.

In Oompa's situation, if I remember right, he really lost his relationship with his wife (JW) whom he loved very much. His "friends" shunned him. And, he was a very sensitive person (despite his ugly, tough guy Avatar picture he used). His last posts on here was saying that he didn't see much of a way out.

Shunning is public hummiliation, which is a form of bullying.

• Simon
    Simon

Locked because of the recent news about Oompa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit