I Want Proof Jesus Even Existed

by Farkel 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

Don't bother me with the Josephus addendum. I've already seen that debunked.

I am quite aware of the fact that the ONLY evidence of Jesus comes from his OWN followers who didn't even bother to write down his life for decades after Jesus "died." Don't know about you, but if I saw all that shit, I would have gone home and written three books about it that same day!

Give me ONE single referernce of a Roman or anyone else who wrote down anything about the existence of Jesus who raised the dead, fed thousands of people with a few loaves of bread and a few fish, who walked on water, who cast out demons (at the expense of poor little piggies), put a severed ear back on a guy's head and restored it or any other of those "miracles" he did. Or how about the women wo had menstruated her entire life since she was 2 years old and he cured her? (Ok, so I exagerate) Surely, SOMEONE who was NOT a follower of Jesus must have witnessed some of that.

So where is there written testimony of the existence of Jesus?

Farkel

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Good points. I kind of thought that maybe he existed, but after his death (as you point out, decades after) his life was elevated to mythology.

But never existing at all is a possibility too. The whole story just strikes me like many legends that contained a seed of truth and were blown up in importance later.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not to mention there are recorded stories and tall-tales about other people that fit the Messiah description with the same miracles the supposed Jesus performed.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

I could have started a similer post asking. Prove to me santa exists. Or how about, there are books that say zeus are gods, did they exist and when will they come back. On the same topic; does god exist? ;-)

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Farkel:

If I had such proof, I would rather chew nails than give it to someone that I knew would continue talking such nonsense as I read in your message, but, alas, I don't have the proof you want; no one does. My evidence is based on faith and it's evident from all you said in your post that you are without faith. It must be sad being you, too.

@NewChapter:

I think you must have lost some of your perspective on Jesus, relevance, and perhaps this might also be said of @Farkel, except he just enumerated too many details to have lost perspective to doubt whether or not Jesus ever existed. Or, maybe you're just trolling @Farkel, encouraging him to think what things he said in his message resonated with you. I hope that you and he don't meet your end as non-human, atomic particles and such.

@djeggnog

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't troll people. I have no reason to pretend that something Farkal said resonated with me, as we generally disagree on most things discussed here. I have not decided if the historical person, Jesus, ever existed or not, but one thing I do know---the mythical Jesus does not exist. That was not me losing perspective, but that was me gaining perspective.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I might be wrong but i think Nero persecuted the Christians in AD64 before the death of some of the apostles and the 500 Paul mentions who saw the resurrected Jesus. Some of the persecution was recorded I believe by Tacitus and others.

Christianity still grew despite this persecution

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think it grew BECAUSE of persecution. My experience shows me that many Christians have a touchy persecution trigger and it makes them dig their heels in. The persecution wasn't religiously motivated at that time, but politically motivated.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Jesus was a Buddhist Monk who became a cult leader and then faked his own death . . .

There's way more evidence for this bullshit than for the Bible's bullshit.

This is good quality bullshit . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8587838.stm

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit