Why are people burning their city to the ground in Baltimore? How doe Looting and Mob Violence Help?

by PokerPlayerPhil 184 Replies latest social current

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    How does having a criminal record justify getting shot or beaten unnecessarily. That is like saying a convicted rapist lives across the street and if he ever gets arrested he should be beaten to death because of what he did in the past?

Really? That's the best analogy you could think of. Like I would care if a RAPIST got beaten to death. That's someone who VIOLATED a helpless person and scarred them for the REST OF THEIR LIFE!

I have to agree with Simon overall on this issue. People want to blame all this on Law enforcement, when a MAJORITY of these cases involve CRIMINALS doing criminal activity. Like I said in my previous post, if these people would stop putting themselves in these situations of suspicious/illegal activity, then it would be highly unlikely they would be victims of Police brutality. I know injustice happens sometimes and there is racial profiling. Law enforcement isn't omnipresent or omniscience. If you are a law abiding citizen, the odds are in your favor for not being treated with brutality by law enforcement. I don't need the numbers for this since if it wasn't the case, people (especially minorities) would be too afraid to step out of their house each day. We don't live in a perfect society with a perfect justice system. Like the latter would even exist with the former.

So why do we expect Law Enforcement to always protect us, let alone criminals? Heck, we can't even expect the Government to do what it says it will do. In the end, What would be a solution for this problem? Take away the guns from the Police but then you still will have criminals with them. Even if you could "beat all weapons into plowshares", you will still have criminals that want to harm people or take their property. The Police would be nothing but glorified Security Officers. They would have the talk but no bite. What would a unarmed 5'7 Officer Joe Blow do when he had to confront Mr. 6'4 Beatyoudown Brown about a suspicous activity? Unless the Officer can fight like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan....he would be in for a arse whooping, possibly death. So make the Police unarmed and you can get this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H97Vo0rcynk

There's no definite solution to this problem but figuratively burning your house down is definitely not a solution.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Officer killed, this is the video from his body cam. Before watching it, imagine you are the officer. The guy showed no aggression, the officer was acting very nice, look at what happens. Every time an officer has to as much as question somebody they have no idea if something like this will happen to them. Now imagine if they begin resisting, the chances of something like this happening increase, especially if they have not patted them down yet. If people get hurt for resisting, it's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB5FaW5qKMo

• Simon
    Simon
    In case nobody ever saw this or remembered, here is what happened to a white guy in the fine city of Baltimore. Likely these people are some of the supposed out of town protesters who were looting as well since nobody from Baltimore would do such a thing.

Please let's not get into "who can find the best video of a crime against a certain race"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

wathehadas, "I know injustice happens sometimes and there is racial profiling."

No, it is not sometimes, it is all the time. Trying to understate the situation by giving the "some are bad apples but the majority..." excuse is not going to fool those who are at the wrong end of a baton.

• Simon
    Simon
    No, it is not sometimes, it is all the time.

I think "sometimes" is easier to argue for than "all the time".

The truth is somewhere between never and always.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

@Village Idiot

I didn't give a number and I'm not down playing it. If it's "all the time"......the victims of it wouldn't be able to live. The percentage would be too high and too evident for those not a victim of it. In my experience as a BLACK man, I haven't been pulled over once in that circumstance. I do a lot of driving all over Los Angeles. The ONLY experience recently I had, was when I went to service a home for pest control in a nice middle class area. I was with a trainee, a Latino male, we went in the backyard to service a house of a customer who was not home. I had been to that home MANY times by myself and done the same treatment. This time, someone in the neighborhood called the Police on us. It was 2 Latino Officers that came and they asked for our I.D, even though they could see our uniforms and we acknowledged why we were there. They told us that they were called because the neighborhood had a series of break ins recently. They apologized for the inconvenience and we moved on. That profiling was done by a regular citizen. I can speak for myself though in not having a REAL run in with the Police

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

whathehadas, If it happens once a week like it seems to be (and that doesn't include the incidents that aren't covered by the media) then it should be thought of as all the time. And I'm including all races and not just shootings but body slamming, which seems to be a favorite of police, and other forms of beatings. I have seen at least a dozen videos in the past few months.

As for your not being pulled over let me ask you, what type of neighborhood do you live in and how new is your car?

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    But we need to clarify. Does Injustice and Racial profiling happen all the time with Law enforcement or in general?
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas

@Village Idiot

I've lived in South L.A for the past 6 years. It's the hood where I was raised in and lived before. I didn't get pulled over once while I was there. I've recently moved to a nice college area in the valley, Northridge. I haven't been pulled over yet. I drive a 05 Scion XB. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    whathehadas, how many incidents per month in a large urban center would you consider to be "all the time"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit