Purelanguage.net: Hijinks

by slipnslidemaster 14 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Boy, I don't even have to try to find this stuff. I just pick threads at random and dig up gems.

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/showthread.php?s=b76d30d2c7f38d3e0ba58ebd7bf62985&threadid=1352

Here are some of the highlights:

Well we know that it has to get worse before it gets better. The thing I have trouble imagining is The UN will turn on false religion and then Jehovah's people. I can't imagine a period (albeit short) when they will be after the others and leaving us alone.
    Our speaker from Bethel told us that something big is coming from the apostates in the next few weeks, something is afoot. Also to prepare for outright persecution in the United States, as well as elsewhere.
    Our SAD is
    SAD!! Special Assembly Day. I wonder how many are actually SAD to have to attend another one!! Makes me laugh.

Slipnslidemaster: "Easter so longed for is gone in a day."
    - James Howell

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Our speaker from Bethel told us that something big is coming from the apostates in the next few weeks, something is afoot. Also to prepare for outright persecution in the United States, as well as elsewhere.

Ha ha! 'Apostates' creating something 'big'. They (JWs) probably think it's some big scary mean apsostate dudde that's going to crash in their KH doors and carte them to jail - when it's just a little itsy-bitsy Dateline program re: internal WTBTS policy. Policy the WTBTS could change at any time!

• logical
    logical

Any persecution they might be getting is entirely their OWN DOING.

What goes around comes around.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

logical: This is true. Persecution comes from our beliefs and our actions. If we didn't hold those beliefs, we wouldn't get persecuted. So in a sence, persecution does come from our own doing. Following that rationale, Jesus also brought upon himself persecution and death. If he would just have shut his mouth and just followed Jewish traditions, then he would have lived forever on earth.

• sf
    sf

Now THIS is "sad":

"...Also on the video was the Canadian Bethel. They showed us the rooms, the depts, libraries, printing rooms, and interviewed brothers and sisters in all sections. One brother that was printing tracts sent a message, he said " now get out there and places these tracts so I don't lose my job". It was really cute but encouraging too to see that an actual person is standing their making this literature up so we can go into the field prepared."

Oh, he was definetly sending a message, loud and clear here. Too bad she just doesn't get it. "Really cute...encouraging..."? hahahaha

Oh man, the FALLOUT is going to be so tragically unpredictable once these "loyal diehards" realize that in order to "see the Light" one must "flip the Switch ON".

I know this poster too, from yahoo chat. She's a sweet girl, yet so "caught up" in what the Watchtower teaches as absolute truth.

Truth is, as the "man" on the video shouted to them The Absolute Truth..."keep placing those tracts so I don't lose my JOB". Cute

sKally:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• logical
    logical

Thas not at all what I mean YoYo

Christ was betrayed, which is why he was persecuted.

Today JW's are relatively free from persecution. They have it easy. However, due to their hypocrisy, due to their damaging policies, they might have to pay for the damage they have done. Personally I wouldnt waste my time and energy punishing them, let God do the judging. But the nations dont know Jah.

How can you compare the WT that have hurt so many people needlessly, turning away people and condemning them to death; to Christ, who was quite the opposite, showing love, compassion, mercy etc to people?

Every dog has its day. Personally I just wish the WTS would just accept it and realise that religion has no place in Christ and that they are misleading their followers, and accept they are in the wrong.

Dont you find it sickening that when JW's are made to suffer for the SINS of the Watchtower, they are told its all part of the package of being a Christian, they have to "bear their torture stake". But Christ suffered WITHOUT sin. It is simply not comparable.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think that the word "persecution" is misused in this context. JWs get reactions from people when they use high-pressure tactics to irritate the heck out of householders and others. This is NOT persecution, however.

The "persecution" that is coming from "apostates" is merely disclosure, and perhaps retribution for major screwups by the WTBTS hierarchy in handling the molestation problem.

This is NOT persecution in any sense of the word. In fact, JWs are probably the least persecuted of any fringe group in most countries. In countries where there is actual persecution, JWs are not singled out, but receive persecution along with other religious groups. By their own words, they are giving credence to these other groups. In effect, they are saying that the persecution received by other religions proves that they, too, are part of "true" religion.

Once again, JWs want it both ways.

• SYN
    SYN

HEHE! More gems

Husband/father in subjection to Jesus, Wife/mother in subjection to husband, children in subjection to their parents and Jehovah, and all in unity
    I'm not even going to dignify this with a response. Nuff. Said.

Another very special part of the circuit assembly was that a Bible student went with me! And he didn't smoke a single cigarette the whole day!
    I wonder what the first thing was that he did when he got in the car to go home! I always used to see the 'weaker' ones driving out of the assembly gates with about three cigarettes stuffed into their traps to try and catch up with their nicotine cravings!!!

Like a child, when you ask them what their favorite school subject is, will reply lunch. I have to say that is another favorite of mine since moving to NY. Since we go to a Assembly Hall with three dining rooms, you can really sit relax and enjoying the association in during lunch. So many experiences and tails you hear that you can be interact in the conversations and that is upbuilding too.
    Hey cool! That was my favourite part too! In fact, it was the only part that wasn't excruciatingly painful!

Well we know that it has to get worse before it gets better.
    No, I think it's alread pretty bad! But don't let the fact that it's been getting 'worse' for 130 years dissuade you at all! Don't let the fact that humans now live longer than ever before turn you away! Or the fact that the Earth's population is at it's highest ever! Oh no!

I wasn't in the truth at the time but studying.
    Ever read Paradise Lost?

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

SELF FUFILLING PROPHECY ?

One day we'll all be together,until then I'm ready for whatever
    ---Tupac Shakur

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm dying to know what the Bethel speaker is talking about. What BIG thing? They don't even question how the Bethel speaker would know that. HOW???? Reading on the Internet perhaps!?!?!?

Slipnslidemaster: "Easter so longed for is gone in a day."
    - James Howell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit