Help me wake up my friends please!

by MsGrowingGirl20 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hi Ggirl, if you brought it up I hope it went well

However, if you're still pondering, I would suggest putting it off. What happens is the first and only thing that will arise in a JW is their defense sheld goes up hard and strong, which they have been trained to bounce off ANYTHING contrary to the WTS. I also don't believe emails are always effective. They just press delet. With your bible in hand along with WTS pubs you have the weapons they cannot deny.

I would slowly, little by little, make things known to them, or wait till something comes up and they're open to discussion, plus it buys you time. 99% of the time a ball busting approach does no good...once they shut you out.....that's it......unless, they are secretly keeping doubts to themselves and you're getting signals.......

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Please listen to MindBlown, LeavingWT and others. I am in a real dilema atm - I have reached a point of no return in terms of my own faith but am having to play things really carefully so I can bring my family out without too much repercussions. LeavingWT has been particuarly helpful with his advice. I have to tread very carefully with even my wife.

If you blurt it out to your friends then it will almost certainly explode into a JC, disfellowshipping and a loss of all your friends. I have always been open minded, liberal and not too gullible but I know that I would not have accepted what I accept now until I was really ready for it.

• mind blown
    mind blown

konceptual99 each circumstance is different. Ggirl is not in the same situation/position as you, therefore advice is differen t.

As she already noted, she's not concerned with a JC or family. Re read her post. I do feel she should re think things with her two friends she's concerned about, feelings of impatience can also lead to an act one may later regret. If you read my post carefully I also stated the exact same thing about one being open and ready to listen.

You don't have to tell me how horrible it will be for you or anyone else, as I am living this nightmare of being torn from my family. I would advice you to continue to tread very carefully, not leaving evidence of any kind around that can and will bite you.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Any word on how this went?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit