Help me wake up my friends please!

by MsGrowingGirl20 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I know that this may be impossible and will surely get me a judicial comittee but i'm tired of keeping mum about how i feel. So, I'm going to e-mail my two friends (two women under 35 who both got baptised within the last five years and one married a brother this year.They're both pioneers) and tell them what's bothering me and TTATT.

I'm going to do it tomorrow night. I need your help. I have some points already but i may have left out some. Can you comment by telling me what points you would use or have used to wake uo a loved one? Any suggestions or links are welcomed.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

You sure you really want to do that? There's a word that begins with a "R" and rhymes with discussions.

• blondie
    blondie

Is that how you woke up, someone emailed or mailed you information? I'm willing to bet it was something else over a longer period of time. For many here it was an accumulation of personal research, things that you observed at the congregation or in your family.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

YUP!I've thought about it and I'm ready...I don't have any family in and these are/were my two closest friends.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The law of unintended consequences may come into effect too....

No one wakes up until they want to, best bet is a drip feed approach and be patient. If you slap them hard across the face while they are sleeping they aint gonna thank you for it. So unless you have done lots of prep work on them and they are stirring into wake mode then you need to rethink this.

EDIT: however you knows them and we dont. But given a choice between friends and "Jehovahs Organisation" we all know what 99% of dubs (especially pioneering dubs) will choose...

• tornapart
    tornapart

The trouble with this is that they will immediately put up the drawbidge. If I were you I would have a listen to all of 'RayPublisher's' videos again and pick out some of the points he made in his JC. Especially using the society's own literature against itself as they have no answers to that. Put it all in a form of questions... as if you've only just started pondering about it. Don't attack anything as they'll just stop reading. Just pick out one or two points and see what they have to say about it.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Are you hoping to leave and take these friends with you or just force them to shun you?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

this may be impossible

Consider this for a week or two first. How entrenched are they? Is there any way that you, presenting a laundry list of grievances against the religion, is going to wake these ones up in a few hours/days? Probably not. Then why do it? Trust me, it doesn't work.

Follow Black Sheep's advice. Pick one point and one point only. Say the "mediator". Tell them you can no longer support a religion that doesn't allow Christ to be your mediator. They will object. They will say its not true. Simply ask them to research from the publications whether Christ is their personal mediator and come back with their articles. Don't even bring up another subject, or allow them to until they do their own work on the question you presented.

You have to hold their feet to the fire, but they have to build the fire, take off their own shoes and socks, and sit down in a chair and prop those feet right into the middle before they even start to question the WTS.

Good luck.

• solomon
    solomon

you won't be on the fence any more

• loosie
    loosie

you will most likely lose your friends if you do this.

I have a friend that left recently I waited 8 years for her to come out. I made subtle hints about researching things. I asked her now how she felt when I said those things to her. She doesn't remember me saying anything of the sort. She said that she probably would have read me the riot act had I talked against the jw's. They tend to tune out things that they don't want to hear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit