Publisher's I D Card?....

by BluesBrother 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

As ministers of the good news, we are known publicly as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Our voluntary participation in the field service is motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization but is according to our God-given commission to preach the “good news” and make disciples. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Therefore, publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by “the faithful and discreet slave” to advance Kingdom interests.—Matt. 24:45-47.

A supply of identification cards (S-65), which may be issued to baptized publishers when there is a need, will be included with the annual shipment of congregation forms. If any publishers use a personal name card in connection with their field service activities, they should not print thereon that they are representatives of the Watchtower Society.

This is very interesting.

One basis for the organization being the only one selected by God is that they preach the gospel to all the nations and door to door.

The problem with that claim is that it can not be true if these claims are true. The preaching work is being done by people who are not agents or representatives of the organization, and not at any insistence of the organization. So the organization can not be credited for the preaching work, since it is being done by others and not their agents. Yet they claim it is being done by them.

At least one of these claims is a lie as they can not both be true.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Don't you love Watchtower double-speak...?

They want to micro-manage every aspect of the lives of average Jehovah's Witnesses, but when it comes to assuming REAL responsibility for the actions of their own members, suddenly the average Jehovah's Witness is a "volunteer" doing the mind-numbing and frustrating door-to-door work out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Meantime, the elders are told to "hound" [to borrow a phrase from Watchtower Wizard] the members to put in more time in that "volunteer" work, by becoming a vacation pioneer, regular pioneer, special pioneer, and so on.

Their hypocrisy sickens me...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never saw one of those things. By the looks of the colors, it has to be from sometime before about 1985 or so. And I never had one.

Not that it would have survived. I could easily "lose" mine, the way I did with my blood card. The blood card would get placed in my suit pocket and "forgotten".

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I remember having one when I got baptized at age 16. Brings back old memories.

Kojack

• moshe
    moshe

I had one- it was back in the mid-70's

• tiki
    tiki

hahah - i remember them....they go waaaaaaaayyyyyy back. they had that booklet too with a page long blurb each in a different language, in case you ran into someone who didn't speak english...you'd have to give it to the hh to read for themselves.....can't say i ever used it.... you'd get a free meal card too for conventions if you were a hot-shot pioneeer.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Did anybody else notice the space where the "presiding minister" is to sign the card? This is on an ID card issued by an organization that does not have an ordained clergy. Gotta love that cognitive dissonance!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to all for the comments. I definitely had one issued when I moved to a new congo in the mid nineties, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside since then.

Don't you just love their attitude? The Borg supplies all their Lit. Prints their Bibles, tells them what to say, who to say it to, when to do it, how to dress.....and yet it disowns them as representing the WTS and if they get into trouble, they are on their own !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit