Publisher's I D Card?....

by BluesBrother 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Does anybody know if all "Publishers" still carry one of these?

Sister Blues came home from The Ministry and was a little nonplussed because the C/O had said that publishers were not agents of the congregation. They were just concerned neighbours visiting ........This was in the context of 'How to deal with 'No Callers' signs' .....

No, I don't get it either, She has not been issued one of these since she moved to a new congregation and I said that this card would put a lie to that statement. Unfortunately , it seems that I no longer have my old one .....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I never had one of those. Didn't they stop decades ago?

• hoser
    hoser

I remember having one but that was 30+ years ago

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I was in for 33 years and never had one.

Never even heard of it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Interesting the CO said that. Looks like they are trying more and more to separate the publishers from the WTS at all costs.

Must be busy up there in legal.

• Tylinbrando
  • cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Mine came with a decoder ring.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The wild beast they ride is getting harder to control.

• blondie
    blondie

It was years ago. The last I heard some elders had cards when visiting prisons or jails.

February 1989 pages 3-4 Our Identification as Jehovah's Witnesses As ministers of the good news, we are known publicly as Jehovahs Witnesses. Our voluntary participation in the field serviceis motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization but is according to our God-given commission to preach the "good news" and make disciples. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Therefore, publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by "the faithful and discreet slave" to advance Kingdom interests.Matt. 24:45-47.

In case of an accident or an emergency or if problems are encountered while working trailer parks, apartments, or certain other territory, publishers may need some form of personal identification beyond giving their name along with a brief Scriptural explanation of the nature of our religious work. If questioned, or when asked for credentials, baptized publishers may use the identification card (S-65) signed by the presiding overseer, which shows one is preaching the good news of the Kingdom in association with the local congregation named on the card.

A supply of identification cards (S-65), which may be issued to baptized publishers when there is a need, will be included with the annual shipment of congregation forms. If any publishers use a personal name card in connection with their field service activities, they should not print thereon that they are representatives of the Watchtower Society.

• St George of England
    St George of England

These have not been issued for some years now, the last one I had was in the 1970's. However they have evidently been issued since then:

*** km 2/89 pp. 3-4 Our Identification as Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

Our Identification as Jehovah’s Witnesses

As ministers of the good news, we are known publicly as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Our voluntary participation in the field service is motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization but is according to our God-given commission to preach the “good news” and make disciples. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Therefore, publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by “the faithful and discreet slave” to advance Kingdom interests.—Matt. 24:45-47.
    In case of an accident or an emergency or if problems are encountered while working trailer parks, apartments, or certain other territory, publishers may need some form of personal identification beyond giving their name along with a brief Scriptural explanation of the nature of our religious work. If questioned, or when asked for credentials, baptized publishers may use the identification card (S-65) signed by the presiding overseer, which shows one is preaching the good news of the Kingdom in association with the local congregation named on the card.
    A supply of identification cards (S-65), which may be issued to baptized publishers when there is a need, will be included with the annual shipment of congregation forms. If any publishers use a personal name card in connection with their field service activities, they should not print thereon that they are representatives of the Watchtower Society.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit