I need your help!!!!!!!!

by outsmartthesystem 11 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Quick update - My wife moved out and took the kids with her while I was at work. She went to live with her parents. She took every last article of clothing and even some of her favorite furniture. She refused to answer my calls. The next day (yesterday) I went to my daughter's kindergarten class to see her. My wife was there. She said "I take it you didn't get the papers?". Obviously I hadn't. Evidently she filed for legal separation and took temporary custody. I still don't have the papers. I have a 3:00 appointment today with my attorney.

I spoke with my wife briefly. She said, "this doesn't mean it's final". I.E. - Perhaps we can still work things out. I'd like to believe her but I am fairly confident it is just theocratic warfare. Why would she move out without telling me......empty half the bank account......remove all clothing and toys from the house, and refuse to let me see my children without her (she filed for temporary custody) being present......unless this was permanent.....and she was just trying to force my hand and make me be the bad guy for filing for divorce? Also.....part of me thinks she is just trying to lead me on so I'll remain gentle and perhaps then she'll get a more favorable settlement.

Anywho.....I need help. I want to arm my lawyer with all sorts of good publication material that shows what a whack job religion this is. Articles that tell the sheep to shun others is good. Articles that forbid blood is good. Articles that tell children how wrong it is to have "worldly" friends and how wrong it is to play sports etc etc.

Please........help!

• undercover
    undercover

I wish I could give some super duper suggestion, but I'm not a lawyer so anything I say may go against what he tells you later today, so I'll keep my mouth shut as far as saying, "here's what you should do..."

All I can say is I hope it works out. I'm sure others here have gone through this and can offer advice from personal experience.

Hang in there and good luck. Keep us posted...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Sorry to hear about this. First thing I would do is get a copy of the Awake! with this kids on the cover who martyred themselves by refusing blood. Pretty powerful image for a judge to look at.

• jgnat
  • Weana
    Weana

Do not concentrate on religious affairs. If you start to attack your wife's religious beliefs, she will get help from WTS' lawyers. Moreover, today, no court will decide on child custody based just on the parents' religious beliefs, that would be discriminating.

You have to point to individual mistakes of your wife.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You might want to just explain the facts to the lawyer (i.e. my wife left with the kids and half of this and that and served me with the following papers). Assure him/her that the only thing you want, is not to blame your wife, or her religion, but to at least have equal custody arrangements.

If the lawyer wants some background to this break-up, I would give just give him a copy of the intro to the other thread you started and perhaps some of the elightened counselling comments you received.

Your lawyer will read between the lines...without you having to demonize the only true religion...and you will have his/her support, which you really need at this time.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

OTS,

I will send you a PM

• krejames
    krejames

Sorry to hear you're going through this.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Jeeez that rough.

Look after your mental health is number 1 priority! Dont go frickin nutz, ....vent, ....talk to someone, ...get advise and plan.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

So sorry to hear this has happened, outsmart. I hope you have an excellent lawyer. I know I have seen some threads on here with information about attorneys who know all too well about the workings of the WT. Perhaps you can find them before you go to provide your lawyer with the names? Those attorneys may have some information available online. Other posters have given you some excellent suggestions.

You sound like a kind and gentle man who wants to believe the best of everyone. Your wife sounds like she is being well advised, and is calculating.She probably has a great attorney. She may well know exactly how to work you.That does not make her a bad person, but I hope you watch out for your best interests and those of your children. Unfortunately, I have seen women do this, and believe me, if you are not careful and well armed, you can get screwed royally!

I hope you go for 50% custody, even in the separation. This seems to be happening quite often now.

I wish you all the best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit