BILL NYE (the Science Guy) on Creationism

by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/bill-nye-creationism-science_n_1908926.html

Bill Nye (The Science Guy) wonders aloud how Creationism can provide anything but confusion.

• designs
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"If we raise a generation of students who don't believe in the process of science, who think everything that we've come to know about nature and the universe can be dismissed by a few sentences translated into English from some ancient text, you're not going to continue to innovate,"

That about sums it up.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's great and all, but what does BEAKMAN think about it?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The people who most need to listen to that message likely will only dismiss it (and Beakman's, if he could speak!) as liberal elite brainwashing from PBS.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Kenneth from 30 Rock says, " Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament. ".

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Yeah, well Nye believes the U.S. landed on the moon.

Look, anyone who doesn't believe the Earth was created on the back of a turtle is going to hell! I mean, do you think NASA would admit it if they discovered that we are all walking around on the shell of a turtle? Of course not! So they say we're on a big round ball of dirt and rock, which is ridiculous. I mean, what would be holding it up? See, they never answer questions like that. They may say, oh, gravity keeps things moving around the sun, but who's ever seen gravity? Have YOU? Here's a handful of gravity for you. See?

Once you come to believe we're on the back of a turtle, all questions get answered and everything makes sense.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

No, that's pseudoscience. Atlas is carrying us on his back!

• Terry
    Terry

No, that's pseudoscience. Atlas is carrying us on his back!

Yes, but--Atlas Shrugged!

• donny
    donny

I used to collect turtles and never saw anything on their back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit