MORE NEWS COVERAGE TONIGHT

by VeniceIT 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Mulan,

As far as I can tell, that's for a TiVo type device. I was hoping for streaming audio (or streaming video, which I can strip the audio out of). I'll have to hope that someone tapes it - by the way, I could also strip the audio off of a VHS tape if someone can capture it for me. I would need an antenna 165 miles long to get KOIN...

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• anewperson
    anewperson

Besides the Bryant suicide-murder case, 3 previous JW-linked suicides in Oregon are given below:

OREGON:

Brookings area Elsie Wilson age 61 died 1992 by suicide after being disfellowshipped for tobacco use

Keizer area Ernie Miranda in his early 30s died in 1989 or 1990 of suicide with gunshot wound to head

Redmond area Judy Kohler in her 40s died during 1983-88 from suicide Source: Memorial records on http://www.ajwrb.org which contain some who direct-suicided among a greater number who died after refusing transfusions.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

you know if push comes to shove, if someone has the videotape, they could play it over the phone while someone tapes the other end. Then THAT person could mp3 it and put it up really fast, or at least circulate it around by file tranfers.

Great minds must think alike...

• seven006
    seven006

I just watched the interview on channel 6. Sorry guys, my VCR is a bit messed up and it doesn't record. It was about a three minute segment and the interview with the exJW lady was about 15 seconds. She talked about shunning and how cruel it is. The reporter called the JW's a fundamentalist religion that practiced shunning. It gave a few digs on the JW's but it was a fairly short piece. The exJW lady just about broke down in tears during the short segment.

It was a short piece but I think it gave the religion a bit of a black eye. I think the Oregonian is going to do a little more in-depth piece on the shunning issue.

For those who want to read the articles in the Oregonian their on line paper is at www.oregonlive.com.

The memorial service is at 3:30 tomorrow in McMinnville. They set it at 3:30 so school kids can go.

Dave

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband and I were talking about this tonight, and decided that even if it turned out to be a minor feature, on the news, it would sure make it difficult to go door to door afterwards. Lots of "butt covering" to do after this.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Will Power
    Will Power

Don't forget the Jws have been fore-warned. Bad things are on the horizon and the apostates are out to destroy Jehovah's people. I listened to Ciro's talk on audio last night and almost puked.

They are told that they don't shun so they don't believe that they do. But everyone on this board knows different. AND THAT IS THE TRUTH.

Wish this media & the public would connect the dots.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I replied this once, but it didn't show up.

I'm in Vancouver, Wa and did tape the KOIN segment tonight. However, I don't have a clue as to how to convert it to the computer. Anyone close by that knows how or has another idea about making it available, email me and we can work it out.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Perry
    Perry

I'd really like to see the news peice too. Hope it gets converted and posted.

UADNA-TX
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Dakota---you have email.

Doesn't anybody ever SLEEP around here?

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sleep? It's only 8:30 out here.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit