Will RomneyCare become an anchor around Mitt Romney's neck this election?

by Resistance is Futile 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I realize that most Democrats and Republicans will simply vote their party preference this election. But I can see Romneycare possibly becoming a big issue for Independents. This issue portrays Romney as a flip-flopper, and might create a lack of trust in him. Wasn't RomneyCare one of his signature accomplishments during his term as Governor of Massachusetts? It seems as though he now has to distance himself from past accomplishments in order to pander to certain voters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sff2WfJpuQ&feature=related

I think this might be one reason why so many Republicans had trouble unifying behind him during the Republican primaries. Very few people wanted him to be the nominee; he was simply seen as the only Republican candidate with an actual chance of winning the Presidential election.

• sir82
    sir82

Mitt was for Romneycare before he was against it, but after he was against it, he liked some parts of it again, except for the part where the poor receive medical coverage; he thinks it's more cost-effective for taxpayers to cover ambulance rides to the emergency room for them.

Makes sense to me!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He's got a mess on his hands. One day he is calling himself the grandfather of Obamacare and talking about how compassionate he is that he made sure every child in his state was covered, and the next day he is saying he would rip that coverage away from the nation's children (except in his state, of course). He gives me whiplash. He trumpets that he will REPEAL OBAMACARE to great applause from a crowd that doesn't like for people to have access to healthcare---and then in a quieter interview, he will say that he won't repeal it all and will keep specific portions.

The man is an overcooked noodle, Slippery and Wobbly. Who the hell knows what he thinks about anything?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

One of many

Link

• designs
    designs

Remeber the good ol days when Romney declared he was more to the right of the Right Wingers in his Party....that was just a couple of months ago.

• Glander
    Glander

As of today we now know for sure that Obama and Clinton both knew that the 9/11 Bengazi attack was a planned act of terror. But they officially lied and said it was a spontaneous act triggered by a video that offended muslims.

Something really stinks with this gang of hacks called our administration.

• milola
    milola

Romney is an anchor around romneys neck

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    As of today we now know for sure that Obama and Clinton both knew that the 9/11 Bengazi attack was a planned act of terror. But they officially lied and said it was a spontaneous act triggered by a video that offended muslims.

This is off topic. I'm not trying to deflect from the point you're making; start a thread on that topic and I'd love to have an intelligent conversation about it.

Do you have an opinion on RomneyCare or health care reform in general? Do you think this issue makes Romney look like a flip-flopper?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Glander - "Look, Ma! Smoke and Mirrors!"

• Glander
    Glander

Sorry, I meant to say that GovernorRomneyCare has pretty much lost relevance to a voter who is watching the current, (track record in the books), Barack Obama Dog and Pony Show.

example:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit