Rocky Horror anyone?

by mrsjones5 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My dear cousin's atheist college administrator husband is playing the lead in Rocky Horror. In total drag, heels and makeup. He even changed his Facebook pic of him in full makeup. I giggle just thinking about it. He invited us and you know we're going. Oh I forgot to add my cousin is a jw, a tad on the liberal side but firmly a jw.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was in a cast in my younger days.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i love rocky horror picture show it was just full of great songs. It's hard to choose but I think I like the frankenstein house song the best.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I always knew you were one of the cool kids Mrs. Jones. Have you been to a show before?

Although I was a born-in JW, I rebelled after high school for a couple of years. It was during those two years that I discovered the RHPS, and eventually became a cast member. I was exposed to a lot of stuff that I had never experienced as a good JW. So much, in fact, that I think it frightened me and I ended up going back to meeting and getting baptized. Ugh.

And now for my complete humiliation, a jump-to-the-left-and-a-step-to-the-right back in time 30 years ago...

I played Rocky the "monster". I'm the blond guy that Frank N Furter is leaning on in the first photo, and I'm on the far left in the second. Is it possible to be any whiter?!

After severing my JW ties I reconnected with four of the cast members through Facebook. Of course, we're all middle-aged now and laugh about (and fondly remember) our Rocky Horror days.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sad to say I've never gone to a Rocky Horror show or movie showing. When I lived in Oakland the UC theater used to do showing of the movie all the time. I never had the guts to go and have just recently started watching the movie. My fav actor is Tim Curry and he's damn sexy in the flix. My kids think I'm strange for liking the movie so much.

Oooo, great pics!

• JeffT
    JeffT

We've got a virgin here!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

oooh. Let's take her up to the lab....

• 00DAD
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I used to go to the 8th Street playhouse in the Village for the midnight showing. (History-Sal Piro started the yelling back at the screen-originally the midnight movie when it was playing at the Waverly theatre on 6th Ave in the village.

Dori Hartley played Frank-N--Furter as part of the floor show for years, (I believe she is a free-lance writer- sometimes for The Huffington Post- and remember her beautiful art work- she really looked like Tim.

It was so much fun. Especially when we had taken our mothers' to the show!A friend of my brother and I played Janet in the floorshow.

Mrs, Jones you should go to the late-night double feature picture show!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I went to the live performance nearly 40 yrs ago. A bit of an eye opener for a teenager!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit