Do you think marrying an unbeliever could be a disfellowshipping offense in the future?

by loading 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

Any thoughts?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

The way they're emphasizing brazen conduct as of late its possible. I think they're gonna turn up the heat on those associating with DF/DA relatives too. It's all gonna be manifest in 2013. Ted Jaracz on steroids. Theres already certain elders with aggressive tendencies, but I think next year the branches are going to teach the moderate elders how to show their teeth towards the flock. All speculation mind you and time will tell.

• Diest
    Diest

Well Jesus did command you not to be unevenly yoked....would you violate, Jebus's commands?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Paul said that.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Flock book doesn't say anything about it being brazen conduct. It does say that an appointed man could lose his position by tacit approval of marriage between a " Christian " and an " unbeliever ".

• hoser
    hoser

The Flock book doesn't say anything about it being brazen conduct. It does say that an appointed man could lose his position by tacit approval of marriage between a " Christian " and an " unbeliever ".

What does the flock book have to do with anything? They can just have the elders cross out a paragraph or two and write a new one in the margins.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that they, the WTBTS, knew that they were having to create rule after rule after rule and then someone could just skirt the issue and or argue the point that this is not spelled out in the Watchtower as being wrong et.

So they needed a "catch all" teaching that had some teeth and that would be broad in it's scope and that would allow the Elders to whip it ouot when they saw fit.

Thus came the idea about Brazen Conduct. It's not specific in it's scope so as not to limit it's power to one specific area. There were too many slipping out of their clutched hand for them not to think of it.

NJY

So, does that mean they would "backtrack" and disfellowship people who are already married?

I don't think I'll ever get my "privileges" back and I'm ok with that. :)

True. they could easily scratch out and put one of the governing body's initials next to the new rule so it's "legit".

I hate this religion!!!!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If the person involved has been warned previously about pursuing the relationship (there will probably also be a requirement that they have been warned more than ONCE in some BOE letter if it hasnt already) then the good old (new) BRAZEN conduct card can be pulled out and I can see some being DFd for this, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit