Please Help Me Welcome An Old Friend-Cuebert.

by Low-Key Lysmith 25 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Cue B, Welcome! Your story is so horribly sad. Thank you for sharing .

Cuebert said- She then layed a series of insults and verbal abuse on me that I will never forget and kicked me out of her home.

Emotional abuse can sometimes cause more damage to a person than physical.

Just wondering when you were kicked out, did you have a job or a place to go? What did you do? Were you 18 years old?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Cuebert-Welcome. What a sad thing, to have the mementos of someone so special, seized and destroyed by a mad woman. Sidenote: my parent thought that I had demon problems (undiagnosed OCD and depression) too, they went through my possessions and got rid of anything that might be making me have my problems...but it wasn't done in a fit of anger, rather it was misdirected concern.

• Cuebert
    Cuebert

NewChapter,

I've seen that before. Not with my own mum but definitely in the homes of others. My mom was pretty much constantly out of her head controlling. Despite my rants, I really am not angry at her anymore. That anger sucked up too many years already. I feel sad for her because she seems so miserable and for what? Not even for a small slice of reprieve-just misery.

Sometimes I wish she'd get struck with amnesia so she would have a chance at life but I don't think that's likely to happen.

Anyway, 'nough of that sadness!

I have a very good life and the whole world at my feet! Plus, it's almost snow time in SLC so soon, I shall be strapping my board to my feet and riding down the side of these beautiful Wasatch mountains!

• flipper
    flipper

CUEBERT- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Look forward to your takes and observations ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome Cuebert!! Thank you for sharing your story.

I'm a reader also, and was a voracious reader as a kid. The "society" came out against reading mysteries when I was 10 or so years old. My mother said I could no longer read mystery stories and stated the edict from the society. It made no sense to me...it's fiction, a story...could these adults not understand that? It was really weird to me. There was no book burning or any dramatics, but instead, a constant drip of fear implanted about anything and everything "worldly." I am almost over all of it, but still am amazed at the niggle from time to time I feel from the brainwashing from years on by. POS religion.

Congrats at having the wherewithall to leave at a young age. Welcome again and I look forward to your posts.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Cubebert, check your PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit