Anyone else watch programming on BBC America?

by keyser soze 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've gotten into a show called "Copper", on Sunday nights. It's a detective show set in 1860's New York. I've been thinking about checking out some other programs advertised on the network.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I don't like Copper very much, but Top Gear is very good and also Doctor Who.

Strangely, BBC is about the only place where you can watch 1990s Star Trek - The Next Generation.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've been meaning to check out Dr Who, because I'm a total scifi geek. But I remember watching episodes of the original series as a kid, and finding it extremely dull.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Dr. Who was never really "kid style" science fiction.

I really liked the Tom Baker version, not so much the very early black & white ones.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Wow, beat me to it James Woods.

The episodes with Tom Baker are the ones that hooked me, but the latest ones are well done also.

Am not ashamed to say even went to a Dr. Who convention in my younger days. No LARPing though.

• lost1
    lost1

James - Ever get the chance to go to Top Gear (do realise where you are!) do it. Got some tickets last year and was awesome. Filmed in old aircraft hanger and just brilliant and yes Richard Hammond is tiny! Clarkson does not give a sh*t what he says!

• Glander
    Glander

We have watched and enjoyed a lot UK produced TV over the years. For crying out loud, Monty Python! I've seen every episode 5 times and I still stop if I run across it. Mystery, The British detectives, Agatha Christie. When in London a few years ago went to see a live stage production of the BBC TV Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and David Burke.

We'll never forget a live taped BBC production of "Cold Comfort Farm" ("I saw something nasty in the woodshed") on PBS.

The British have great programs. Who was the antique dealer ? Ian McShane? Keyser's avatar pic. Great series. i could go on.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wanted to see Copper. Hopefully, the premiere is available on my ON Demand.

BBC America is one of my favorite stations. I like watching the BBC NewsHour b/c it is slightly different than American news.

The Economist is nice for a change of pace.

I wish there were a way to get a French or German perspective, too.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

The new program Sherlock is very well made. Apologies given to Jeremy Brett (the real Sherlock Holmes).

I also like the older BBC program Rumpole of the Bailey. Every so often I go back and watch the series through. Great Character.

The Inspector Morse series is another good one. Not sure if these are replayed?

• cofty
    cofty

BBC production values are outstanding, and we get to watch it all without and commercial breaks.

The wildlife and science documentaries are amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit