Great Crowd is NOT under the New Covenant...Where does it say this?

by Christ Alone 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

In Revelation 7.

There is no "the great crowd". It is a description of a large group of people.

And since they come out of the great tribulation and are on earth, they are not in the new covenant.

What good is that covenant to one alive on earth?

Where does it say that more than 144,000 go to heaven?

Where does it say that anyone goes? Why would anyone want to go?

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

It's just not true.

! Tim 2: 5, 6

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

On this post I have numerous links to research linking the "great crowd" to the Abrahamic Covenant and the New Covenant.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    Why would anyone want to go?
    John 10:1-16

New English Translation (NET)

Jesus as the Good Shepherd

10 “I tell you the solemn truth, the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.

7 So Jesus said again, “I tell you the solemn truth, I am the door for the sheep. 8 All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand, who is not a shepherd and does not own sheep, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and runs away. So the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 Because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep, he runs away.

14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.

• designs
    designs

wolf- so why did these early christians get taken in by a cult leader like Saint Paul.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If one is not in the New Covenant then there is no forgivness of sins Hebrews chapter 9 and if one is not born again then he will never see the kingdom of god John chapter 3. In all thier arogance JW's if the bible really was a holy book will never see the kingdom of god. How Ironic.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Higher calling ? Higher than what ?

You still labor with the WT idea of class distinctions ?

There is on Grace that covers ALL, it is not about special groups,

higher classes, governing bodies, heavenly callings versus earthly callings,

men higher than women, faithful slaves set apart, leaders,

or obedience to oganizations, it is about :

It says: Ephesians 4:4-6 says, "There is one body and one Spirit,

just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all,

who is over all and through all and in all."

Romans 3:20-24 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight,

since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God

has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and

the Prophets bear witness to it

the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ

for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short

of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift,

through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2: 4-9……..For by grace you have been saved through faith.

And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Wolfman, you highlighted a person's riddles. And that does not tell why someone would want to go to heaven.

It's this being enamored with Jesus that you are professing. People just want to be with Jesus just like Catholics want to be with the Pople. What do they do, say hello and shake his hand and ask for a blessing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Speaking about picking and choosing doctrines without biblical support, how about the idea that the time of miracles is passed? That's borrowed straight from Christendom to resolve the rather embarrassing reality that Christians are no longer raising people from the dead.

http://blog.adw.org/2012/05/why-are-there-not-more-miracles-in-our-day-as-in-biblical-times/

Reporting, not advocating. I grit my teeth when a "lack of faith" is trotted out. Like it is the sufferer's fault.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The JW's know that the bible blows up their argument so to cover it up they say now and have been for awhile that the New Testament was written for only the anointed. So when you find a scripture that kills one of their ideas like 2tim 2;5 they just say well it was only written for the anointed and it only applies to them. I told a friend the next time the elders come by and encourage him to go out in service to verify with them that the NT was written only for the anointed and when they say yes then say well Jesus was telling them to go make disciples not me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit