The time left is reduced...

by cedars 41 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there a particular book you would recommend?

I think the survey is a good idea just as an act of defiance to the Governing Body.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

Is there a particular book you would recommend?

Nothing stands out, because I've mostly figured it out myself or had others to do it for me. I would personally steer clear of the "...for dummies" series. I got conned into buying a couple and they really mean what they say! If a book feels compelled to tell you what a printer or a scanner is, maybe it's too simplistic!!

This looks like the sort of thing you might find helpful...

http://www.amazon.com/Really-Step---Step-Building-Website/dp/1847730736/ref=sr_1_72?ie=UTF8&qid=1348842176&sr=8-72&keywords=web+design

It supposedly includes software for you to upload a simple site.

If you're looking for some simple software that you can just play around with and see what you can do, I personally use the Coffeecup Virtual Site Designer, which is downloadable on the Coffeecup site for $29 (reduced from £49). The quality of output is quite good if you're just looking for something simple and straightforward to use. You could have a play around with it and see what you can come up with. The software allows you to preview your creation in your browser.

If you're serious about creating a website, I would also get Adobe Photoshop, or a similar graphics programme (Gimp is an free downloadable alternative). This will allow you to edit your images to the proper dimensions to fit your pages. No matter how rich the content is, it's ultimately the images and use of colours that makes any website eye-catching.

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to web design, so maybe others could give you better advice in this regard. John Hoyle is the genius behind jwsurvey, not me.

Cedars

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I have voted Cedars. I like your survey. I think it is impressive to know how many who have left were elders, ministerial servants , pioneers etc. I think in your last one wasn't there a district overseer? It all helps to impress people that those who are leaving are ones who have deeply believed and therefore there must be something very wrong with this organisation. Good on yer!

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Xanthippe - yes the DO who voted last year was a bit of a mystery. All of his answers were pro-Watchtower, but the fact that someone in his position could end up taking the survey at all was a surprise. But hey, that's the wonder of the internet. We've already had someone claiming to be a branch committee member take this year's survey, so anything's possible!

Cedars

• EnlightenedEphesian
    EnlightenedEphesian

Just voted, thanks for the reminder.

• Ding
    Ding

I thought you were going to say, "The Time Is At Hand."

• cedars
    cedars

The survey numbers are currently as follows..

• Active publishers - 197
    • Serving elders - 25
    • Anointed (partakers) - 12
    • Inactive / faders - 440
    • Disfellowshipped / disassociated - 368
    • Unbaptized - 181

TOTAL - 1,223

That's an extra 287 votes since the video was uploaded less than a month ago, which is excellent!

Thanks to all who have taken the Survey so far, and those who have told others about it.

Here, once again, is the link you need to take part: http://jwsurvey.org/global-surveys/2012-global-survey/2012-global-survey-category

To read my review of the results so far (as of 29th September)... http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-time-left-is-reduced-your-2012-survey-needs-you-2

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mightn't it be useful to have an age profile of respondents? Is there a minimum age to take part? The anointed has declared that 16 year olds should get the vote after all.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks slimboyfat - I'll consider that suggestion for future surveys.

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The video worked fine on this iPad, Cedars.

I've been racking my brains to work out kurtbethel's category.

Talking horse?

An elder but unbaptised?

Best of all, from some points of view...An anointed, unbaptised partaking Thor supporter?

Sorry...just trying to be helpful to the undecided and frustrated category-less minority.

oh, and yes, I voted ages ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit