Jersey City Assembly Hall

by MC RubberMallet 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

During my first few years at BK, I spent a significant amount of time at JCAH. Anyone else?

I am really trying to make at least one connection with someone I know personally. lol. I tried the Bethel thread which made some connections but I would like to see if anyone I know personally.

I am/was VERY good friends with Blackamore, Allain, Ricketts (dfd), Rutledge, Sprague, Delaquilla, and many others who worked there frequently.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Did anyone even visit?! Damn! lol

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

We visited.

The theatre is soooo breath taking, beautiful.

We were there for a walk thru tour, then came back, the next day, which was the annual meeting. Met up with some Bethelite friends when it was over, and went out to eat together.

We went on a Bethel Tour for our 25th wedding anniversary.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I knew an older black couple last name of Hall. I cannot remember their first names, very nice. They were locals near that assembly hall and I know they gave tours a lot and gave us a tour when a bus group I ran went to NJ/NY and Canada. The Hall's son and daughter moved to my congregation and each married locals here. Nice folks all.... at least they do not shun me when they see me.... usually.

Snakes (Rich )

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

What exactly happened to Ricketts? All I heard were rumors....something about stealing funds.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

My brother and sister-in-law were Bethelites and worked there a couple of times - Long is their name. They're still in the Borg.

I visited a couple of times. Beautiful, but a lot of money spent on fol-de-rol, IMHO.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

LoisLane - Sounds cool! It is a nice place, like a mini palace. Did you go when they served ice cream?

Snakes - Hall does not ring a bell, but I'm sure I would kick myself if I see them because I may recognize by face.

XBEHERe - I heard many rumors. The three most prominent was (1) he fathered the child of a sister. The child was about 12 when he was df'd. The other (2) was stealing funds to pay for vacations and cruises. I know his mother and elders in the hall he was attending were desperately trying to talk to the branch to get him reinstated (it's been almost 12 years), but the brothers up top keeps shutting down the efforts.

This is number (3) http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/143370/1/A-former-assembly-Hall-overseer and http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/55484/1/Ernest-Ricketts-DISFELLOWSHIPPED

cobaltcupcake - Long is a more common name. If you want, can you pm me first name?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Thanks all!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have been there many times growing up...our assemblies were there

• jorlitta
    jorlitta

Snakes- Are you thinking of Walter Hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit