Doomsday e-mail has my co-worker paranoid

by fade_away 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fade_away
    fade_away

I cannot stand the doomsday people trying to spread fear amongst everyone. I've had enough Doom and Gloom from the 25 years of my JW service...I just want to be happy and positive. But my co-worker is very pessimistic, anti-social and an extreme negative energy all around. It's exhausting to talk to him sometimes and leaves you drained of positive energy. One of the many negative things he focuses on is the end of mankind and how this whole world is long over due for a major catastrophe. How we are over populated and it's just a matter of time before at least half of the population is wiped out...either by man or nature. He believes it will happen in my lifetime and possibly in his. He won't admit it, but I can tell he kinda believes the Mayan crap about the world ending this year. His wife send him this e-mail today and it had him a bit freaked out.

"This email came from a friend. It is first hand information, not spam.

My step dad received this from a friend that he went to school with in California. I don't believe it is a hoax and also have read of this in the news the past year and recently. To me this is not good news for any of us . Hope all is well with you all .

Subject: Something is coming.

---------

I don't know if you follow such things but...

A good friend and his family live in Jerusalem - he is a minister - and a former Navy SEAL - his office is close to one of Israel's largest underground military bases.

He called me last night which is very unusual - usually it's just email.

He called to tell me that he is sending his family back to the US immediately due to what he is seeing happen within the last week and what he is being told by his military contacts in both the Israel and US military.

He said he is seeing with his own eyes military movements the likes of which he has never seen in his 20+ years in Israel.

What he called a massive redeployment and protective tactics of forces is underway.

Over the last two days he has seen anti-aircraft missile deployments throughout the Jerusalem area including 3 mobile units that he can see from his office windows.

In addition, he has seen very large Israeli armored columns moving fast toward the Sinai where Egypt has now moved in Armor.

There are reports of the top military leaders meeting with Israel's Sr. Rabi which is something that has happened preceding every prior military campaign.

His admonition is to watch carefully and pray for Israel and its people.

He is convinced that barring something extraordinary Israel will attack Iran or Egypt or both - with or without the US - and very soon.

It is the belief in Israel that Obama does not stand with Israel but with the Arab countries.

He has told me before that Israel will saber rattle from time to time but that this time is very different from what he is seeing and hearing.

He was at the Wailing Wall 2 days ago and there were hundreds of IDF soldiers there As he was leaving he passed at least 20 military buses full of soldiers in route to the wall.

He has never seen this before either.

Just thought I would pass this along. My friend is not an alarmist by any means.

When he talks like this it gets my attention for sure and usually I find he knows more than he shares.

There are reports that Israel is asking Obama to come to Israel immediately but they are being answered with silence.

My opinion is that I see the making of the perfect storm."

Then my co-worker said "This seems to be happening just in time for December this year. It could be World War 3 and what the Mayans probably tried to warn us of."

Man, what a drag it is to talk to him.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Here's the thing: Israel and Pakistan or Iran could all wipe each other off the face of the earth and it still wouldn't constitute a "doomsday." That letter says it's the most military build up he's seen in 20 years; well, what about the years before that? Was there a doomsday then because all the weapons build-up? Some people just need to relax. Panicked doomsayers will cause more trouble than the actual (eventual) catastrophe.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Err, dont you read the News?, this is common knowledge that Israel is really really pushing for America to attack Iran, and that they will therefore have to do it themselves, that America and Britain have rather a lot of big ships in the Persian Gulf, that Russia has supplied Iran with some very advanced missiles, (dont think scud), that China has said any threat to Iran is a threat to China even if it means World War 3.

No need for an e-mail, this is really happening.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Yeah, the military movement (if the email is accurate) would make sense. Obviously Israel is terrified of what Iran could potentially do. I think it would be incredibly unwise of Israel to attack without the U.S's support. And it seems to me that Obama is trying to postpone any decision or discussion with Israel about it until after the elections.

World War 3? I don't think so. I don't see things getting so out of control with some countries supporting Israel and some supporting Iran and then each attacking the others allies. Just doesn't seem very likely, even IF there was an Israel/Iran conflict.

• fade_away
    fade_away

He sees World War 3 in everything. He is not a JW but I bet he would fit right in. My dad saw WWIII when the twin towers were attacked in NY. People saw WWIII during the cold war. Some people are just SO anxious for the world to end. I don't see the big obsession over it.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Russia has supplied Iran with some very advanced missiles, (dont think scud)

This may be referring to the S-300 air defense system. Russia was pending a sale of this system to Iran (very advanced system - it would make any Israeli incursions very problematic - even without the added problems of distance and overflight rights). But it may have been delayed. I not sure if they have delivered any yet.

I think most of Iran's surface-to-surface systems are home grown

• Nambo
    Nambo

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-08/news/31036419_1_anti-ship-defense-system-target-missile

Not according to many sources on the net that claim Iran allready has Sunburn missiles that are 10 years ahead of anything the Americans have and that the Americans will be in for a very nasty surprise.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Show them a list of doomsday predictions since Jesus, spanning every century. I find it sad people are so ignorant, but it stems from the survival instinct.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Sounds like he watches too much FOX news.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Bobcat: Maybe S-400 and we do not know it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit