Hi guys!!!

by thinking_not_believing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Been reading threads in this forum for a few days... love the post by all! I was waiting for approval (not trolling) just wanted to say hello n give my story...

My parents converted when i was in 3rd grade ... and i went with it cuz i was a good boy... baptized at 15 and pioneered at 16... though i always had doubts about different doctrines. I was always ashamed in school though and it made me socially akward...Full on DF when i was 20 and now an aetheist... leaving as an adult was the best decision ever... Now i have two small children and love that they will not grow up as i did. Four younger siblings all left "the truth" and only my father and his new jw wife still go to meetings... look forward to interacting with you all here on this board ... like i said i enjoy all threads here

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

It's always nice to hear from someone who has most of their family out. It doesn't happen often, so it's like a breath of fresh air.

Cheers

Chris

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome ! I look forward to hearing more of your story.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome thinking_not_believing

I'm sure if you've enjoyed it all so far you will fit right in...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome! You are lucky to have family who left as well.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome! You will find a wealth of wisdom and information here.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome Thinking!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Welcome

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

thanks all! I never thought about how having my bros n sis out was a huge deal... but they say me leaving made it that much easier for them. Yes i find many of the threads here spark my critical thinking... something i could use as the redundancy of little offers little opportunity for that. thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit