by Lee Elder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know
    Is You Know a witness?

Yep. / You Know

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Latina,

Welcome! YouKnow claims to be an active witness, but he insists on associating with this rag-tag bunch of apostates, in defiance of his Master's command.

I was a Dub for 20+ years, now a happy Apostate! Apostates are "The World's Happiest People"!

YouKnow - you got your money's worth!

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Latina
    Latina

I wanted to speak to anyone else who still believes.
    Who are the believers on this board either inactive/active?

• Latina
    Latina

Hello YK,
    Why do you post on here?
    I post on here as I still think of myself as an ex-jw in a way as only recently started to attend meetings again after a very long time.

• You Know
    You Know

LATINA asks:

Why do you post on here?

I have been posting on this forum and others for about 5 years. I do so because I think it's important that someone add a counter-weight to what the apostates are putting out. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Latino:

I wanted to speak to anyone else who still believes.

You can talk to me on this forum or if you want to email me I would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions that you might have. My email is:/ [email protected]

/ You Know

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

You might be a counter, but you're not adding much weight

• amccullough
    amccullough
    Your comments indicate that you are not familiar with many facts of Bob Bryant's personal life, but you are so quick to allow that Watchtower dogma could have had nothing to do with his actions.

I think you may have missed my point. I do not know the facts of Bob Bryants' personal life. My point was that, chances are, no one on this list knows enough about the situation to start making statements about what caused this man to possibly kill his family and himself. Basing an opinion on newspaper articles is complete speculation. Using this tragedy to further a tirade against the WT is a shame. It is disrespectful to the victims and their families to redirect the focus from the culprit to the religion that he may have been associated with just because it fits your agenda against that religion.

Now, do the Witnesses hold any beliefs that might be seen by a man in an agitated emotional state - I'll admit that I'm only ASSUMING his emotional state was "agitated" - is it possible that he was clam, deliberate and logical when he did this? You tell me - as giving him permission to put his wife and children and then himself "to sleep" for "a little while"?
    I'm not sure I understand the above. I believe you may be saying that the teachings of the JWs may have allowed this man to rationalize his actions. If so....so what. A demented person can dementedly twist anything he wants to rationalize his actions. It is obviously not taught by the JWs that in extreme situations it is OK to kill people to get them everlasting life, otherwise you would see more of this happening among JWs. Even if JW teachings were involved (my main point being that we don't know), it is not their fault that the freakish person who committed this crime twisted their teachings to fit his will.
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Ros noted above that there is also the possibility that this family was murdered by outsiders, and some of the circumstantial basis for this. I had not thought about it, but that is yet another very good possibility.

During my exit, I was not only warned, but received harassment sufficient to involve the County Sheriff in our situation. Though nothing came of it, and nothing was proven, nevertheless, the events suggested something was not right. Maybe this family likewise was being harassed, and maybe some extremist people took things to far. It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds, as to what the real truth is ... if it is ever known.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

You know -- it's so hard to stay objective and balanced. Just when I think I am then uggghhh!

But even my husband admits to having suicidal thoughts or homicidal thoughts about some of the elders who literally ruined his youth - stole it from him. Not that he'd ever do it but I know he struggles with his hatred of some of these individuals.

At what point though, does this hatred turn into action? At what point does a person ACT OUT their thoughts? I don't know. I just know this: The Watchtower is to blame for many of the problems in its society. And their "disfellowshipping" a criminal doesn't mean they are not a witness.

I just can't stand it when an ex-JW does something and the dubs say, "Well, he wasn't a witness." That is a technicality if there ever was one! Like Steve Morales who was giving public talks and going out and raping 12 year olds. Then when he was arrested he got df'd. So then all the family says, "Well, he left the truth...."

This is a touchy subject and I'm sorry if I sound incoherent. I'm just mad.

Edited to add that I just read "You Know's" comments. Doesn't he just fit what I just said. He figures that since they left the "truth" then that's why they did what they did, all the while forgetting all the crap that goes on with people like Steve Morales who was still a practicing JW while he did what he did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit