Intro & Urgent Request

by doinmypart 42 Replies latest jw friends

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Doinmypart and Welcome

It's nice to see you here and I eagerly look forward to seeing how your story unfolds. I hope you are able to keep your close family members "close". That will be the best outcome...for you and for them.

think41self

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Doinmypart, welcome and don't mind us. Lots of us are trying to do our part too however small that might be. It takes courage to come here and post sometimes. Everybody gets jacked once in a while!

• Solace
    Solace

Welcome doinmypart!!!!!!!
    I must say, I am impressed.
    This couldnt have been easy for you to do. You have my respect.
    Your letter hits on some points I have been pondering.
    I see they are covering their tracks and changing their stance on witnesses being Scripturally free and when its "acceptable" to the society to divorce and remarry. Too bad my mother wasnt going through her divorce now instead of 30 years ago. Back then, if she would have remarried she would have been disfellowshipped. They said abandonment wasnt enough grounds to remarry and she would have had to locate my father and prove adultry first. Well, after hiring a private detective during my teenage years she finally found the proof they "needed". We found out my father had daughter with another woman a year after he left my mother. During that entire time, she remained single and we were without a father because a few old farts on the governing body said it wasnt right "according to the bible" for her to be with another man. I wonder if my mother knows about this change. Im sure my family knows, since some of my uncles are elders. They must have read the same letter. I doubt they would rush out to tell my mother though.
    Another point I found interesting was the part about an elder having to step down if his wife or child was doing wrong by the society.
    That must be why my uncle had to step down. My cousin was getting wild during her teenage years and I heard my family buzzing about my uncle stepping down because he didnt think it was right to be serving the congregation when his daughter was having so many troubles.
    Yea right, the local congregation informed the elders about my cousins rebelious activities and they made my uncle step down from his position as an elder.
    This is so much more involved than most people realize. Its all about control. They know now that they dont want to be held responsible so they are changing the doctrines and saying its to help the witnesses.
    It will always amaze me how people can be lied to for so long and continue to accept it day after day without question even though the truth constantly slaps them in the face.

Thank you so much for sharing the letter!
    Im looking forward to hearing much more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit