Depression

by DazedAndConfused 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Since leaving the Organism I have had a problem with emotional situations. I have bee labeled "BP", for those that don't know what BP is.....it is Bi-Polar.

What I am finding is that anyone that shows a behavior that is not in the norm....they are labeled BP.

We are given Lithium and a meriad of other me's to correct this "condition". I think they need to explore more what causes a situation and "put more labels" on us.

I was labeled Bi-Polar but I don't think that is what I have. I think I have been subjected to what the norm may be. What the psychological arenas do not understand is that there are people out there that need more help than others.

In other words....because of the recent events in this message board....I am considering...........you know........I don't see a generalization of support. I see the same thing I saw while I was within the "organism". Nothing has changed. What I see here is a bunch of people wanting to be right no matter what.

Well guess what?........I NEED TO HAVE A POSITIVE FORUM TO GET OVER THIS SHIT. I NEED TO HAVE POSTITIVE REASSURANCE THAT WHAT I AM DOING IS RIGHT.

OPtherwise, life is nil.

• taoInitiate
    taoInitiate

Hi D&C

I was just wondering if you'd had a second (or third) opinion on your diagnosis. Maybe one from a different "quarter" than psychiatry. I know a lot of people look down on a more natural solution to human ailments, but sometimes it's worth it.

I know very little about BP, so I'm not recommending any treatments myself, just saying that you may look into other alternatives.

As to the positivity of this (and other forums): I think the internet allows people to voice a lot of their frustrations, and so it is not always the best place to go for healing.

Positive assurance that what you're doing is right? Well, all I can say is that standing on your on two feet can never be wrong! Don't give up on yourself, or the decisions you've made to think for yourself.

Love and affirmation
    taoInit

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Dazed,

First of all, depression is horrifying when it has a firm grip on ya and won't let go. It's difficult to think clearly and reason through things. Bipolar disorder is easy to diagnose, but depending on your insurance and access to psychiatrists who aren't fools, it's also easy to misdiagnose....

A question for you:

I NEED TO HAVE A POSITIVE FORUM TO GET OVER THIS SHIT. I NEED TO HAVE POSTITIVE REASSURANCE THAT WHAT I AM DOING IS RIGHT.
    I'm sorry I'm not more familiar with the situation you are in; perhaps you've written more about stuff on other threads which I've missed. What are you trying to get over? What are you, uh, doing that you need reassurance for?

You are not alone, and there are positive areas of this forum. If you wish to share more about your concerns, I'll read it, and I'll even care! Really.

Hope you stay well, lauralisa

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Dear Dazed: Don't give up yet, please. I'm sure that there are many people on this Board who are totally not interested in being right all the time. Its just that some people have bigger mouths and some people are so insecure that there only validation comes from being right. I think that you are doing the right thing. Its just a waste of your time and your life to be in an organization that professes to a truth they do have have. Depression is the pits I know. I too felt a terrible depression but you may have to visit many doctors to get the right diagnosis. Anyway, just wanted to say that I always enjoy your posts and urge you to hang in there.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Dazed . Take no notice of my name( even though it suits me)
    I have a Grand daughter with BI-POlar( they used to call it manic depressive) I too think it would be wise to get a second opinion.
    She has High days & low days -Goes on spending sprees, Is very permissive in her single life( I am not saying this is you) I am just explianing what the Drs say BI-POLAR could be like- She was "OUTED" from tme WT .I believe that also helped her depression.
    If there is any thing the board could help you with- pleae ask, Some of us want to help... Some on board may be "ticked" at the WT & want to vent. I have been out since 1987- Go to http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm -listen to some of the testimonies- they may help you. Take care....

• pandora
    pandora

D&C-
    I too have seen the negativity on this board. But this board is not all negative. There are many here who sincerly want to help anyone and everyone. They just have to fight their anger too.
    I have dealt with Depression on multiple occasions in my life and I know how devistating it can be. No one has diagnosed me as being bi-polor though. I found therapy to be very benificial. Honestly I could probably use some now. I didn't know about the religion being a scam during my last bout of depression. Oh the things I could work out now.
    Well, in closing, I would just like to say not to give up. You've come a long way, baby. You should be proud of yourself.
    ((((hugs))))
    -P(J)

• Carmel
    Carmel

D&C,

I have had a couple of close friends that were BP so I know of what you speak. It's a crappy situation but not without its up sides. I hope you are able to find equilibrium in your life with or without the lithium. There are other options. Check out the net. I think you'll find some other options.

Best of luck, whether I'm right or wrong!!!

carmel

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

D & C,

As stated above, it is not all negative. I do not care to "always being right." I do not think I am smart enough for that.

Please get a second or third opinion as suggested. E-mail me if you feel down. I can call you and we can talk.

We are here to help each other.

Hugs,
    Tina, AKA puffs

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

your post reads 'depression' but the content is 'manic-depression/bi-polar disorder; is it perhaps possible that you need to do a little more research?

Working as a nurse, I've had a little bit of experience in the mental health field (not enough I'll admit). There is also bi-polar disorder on both sides of my family.

While lithium is classified as a drug/medicine/pharmacological etc etc, it is just a mineral, it occurs in nature and is usually found within our bodies. here's a little bit about it:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/l/lithium.asp

here's a little about its history as a medicine:

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/psychology/781/lithium.htm

There used to be a website, where you put in your weight and it would tell you how much lithium you normally have in your body.

Under normal circumstances, running water such as from rivers. lakes and stream have lithium in it. Well water adn most city water does not contain lithium. Someone noticed years ago that when a community changed over from private water to municipally treated water, violence, mental illness and domestic violence rose sharply. They figured out it was the lithium that the residents were no longer getting.

Tho it is not classified as a nutrient, it looks as though it should be. It also looks as tho NOT having lithium in correct amounts at a young age (just as having a diet poor in ANY nutrient) can affect that person's metabolic development all through life. That seems to be why some people need lithium supplements all through their adult life, just as some people who have had allergies at a young age seem to do better on large amounts of the B and C vitamins, amounts above the norm.

People with the symptoms of bi-polar disorder do not seem to do well without lithium supplements, just as persons who catch colds and flus easily do not seem to do well with extra vitamin C and B.

Bi-polar symptoms are so commonly diagnosed in our society these days, there has been a movement within the medical field to make lithium available over-the-counter. This would cut our heatlth care costs tremendously. Even so, the stigma of having a 'mental illnes'would still discourage the people who need it most from using it unfortunately.

By the way, viral assaults such as cold and flu have been known to bring on the relapses or exacerbation of symptoms (of depression, bi-polar AND schizophrenia). At the mental health facilites, when they are aware of a flu epidemic through the city, they brace for an increase in admissions. They always go together. GET THAT FLU SHOT!!!

I'm sure this is more info thatn you wanted...I wish you the best DandC.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

here it is...the lithium calculater!!!!

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/Li/biol.html

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit