Churches...would a JW go

by KistByQpid 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Would a JW go? Probably not.

Would a Christian go? Probably yes!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day proffesor

Your comment .....Why did September 11 happen? Because some folks thought their religious beliefs were superior.....

WOW, thanks for sharing that with us, that is real pertinent !!

Funny, as i am sitting in our fluro lite KH 2 times a week, i often wish it was much more like a generic church..why ?

Well ive been to churchs all my life for wedings and other occasions, and i have usually always atended alone, because my wife doesnt want to go in. I always sit up back with a im better than you guys attitude, cause i know the truth and your faults etc, but something usually happens to me about 10 minutes after i sit there. I love silence, maybe you dont understand, i LOVE LOVE silence, its an un natural affinity. I can actually sit there and read the bible, at random pages. I sit there and say to my creator, ok dude, im gona open up a page at random, make me open up to and read the stuff you wana tell me about thats important for me now !
    and bugger me, i read it in a favorable environment and i better get the spirit of the passage.

Try doing that in a KH

• Englishman
    Englishman

Can't go in churches? Surely that's not right!

What about all the dubs who visit the British Museum and then go on a tour of Westminster Abbey and Saint Paul's Cathedral? (Once that's all done they head for the London Eye)

Englishman

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

This will always haunt me. When I became a JW I told my DAD that if he had his funeral in a church I wouldn't be able to go, but I would go to the graveside service. I'm sure that almost put him 6 ft under, I can't believe I was actually so stupid and cruel. When he died he had the service in a funeral home chapel. The service was done by a preacher/pastor from a church. So what was the difference?

Here I was being a loyal JW, making all the new rules for them.

ForestCARRA 'Stupid is, as stupid does'. But I won't be stupid anymore(not intentionally anyway).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit