How BIG was YOUR JW book-bag?

by Scully 31 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

What about the jealous sisters who find fault with anything you may wear that takes their fancy....then in order not to seem fashion-retarded, they slag you for your fashion sense claiming it's too short, are you trying to get the brothers attention! You should dress modestly, we've got to appear more pious than the Amish and you're patent leather red stilletos and matching tote just doesn't cut it, YOU WHORE!!!!!

I've told myself a million times not to exaggerate!!!!!!

You've been a BAD boy, go to MY room

• Scully
    Scully

Oh, gosh, YES, Beck!!

When it came time for my parents to start going door-to-door, my mom (wanting to fit in, of course) asked where she could buy those leather service bags that were all the rage in the 60s and 70s. I believe they were mail-order things, but it made her so upset when the sisters WOULD NOT tell her how she could get one of her own. It was like it was a privilege of belonging to the clique of elders' wives.

My mom is quite clever with a sewing machine though, and out-did them. She cut up some grey lederhosen (don't ask!!) and using the nice grey suede-leather, she made her own book bag. It was one-of-a-kind, and the sisters who had their frumpy-looking, hard, brown leather book bags were quite annoyed that my mom's was so "stylish"!! LOL

I remember up until about 8 years ago, whenever I bought a new purse, the question "will this work in service too?" would cross my mind. Nowadays, my purse must hold a comb, my wallet and my cell phone. No more Watchtowers and Awake!s stogged in my purse, in hopes of that informal witnessing opportunity.

Farkel:
    I always knew you had a big one.

Love, Scully

UADNA-C (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-Canada)

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I had an average size cheap bag but it wasn't very worn. I just sold it at a garage sale for 50 cents. (I would have given it away.)

TimB

• rekless
    rekless

I had 5 kids couldn't afford a large bag, but her purse was small and tight.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• Tammie
    Tammie

he he he
    My book bag was so big...
    ...it could have swallowed the state of Texas.
    or
    ...my dog jumped into it, and it took me 20 nearly years to find him.

Sorry I could not resist.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• Mutz
    Mutz

My Field Service bag is sitting at the bottom of my wardrobe 'fully loaded'. Must be about 4 years since I last used it, maybe longer.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

You used book bags?

How weak in the truth you all were.

I used a golf cart, you know, the electric 4-wheel drive type?

Made door to door a blast, as I had a little catapult rigged up... I could get a sample copy through a letterbox at fifty yeards with that baby...

... I love the smell of newsprint in the morning ...

... it smells of service ...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say Beck, what was you ex up to?

on a Sunday he always took a different bag..bible/song book/and note pad and pen...that was it

What, no Watchtower? Sounds like he was one of those apostates you hear about!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

I'm oh so thankful that I never graduated to that stage. I do, however, have a huge floral "beach bag" that I carried back when I went to the meetings (just a couple of mos ago). Now, my husband carries it. Just imagine. I wonder if when he's baptized if he'll be counceled for carrying a "girlie" bag.

I used to want a big bag with lots of compartments (you know, one compartment for books, one for mags, and one paper and pens). Ah, the dreams of a faithful dub.

Sadie

• Scully
    Scully

Sadie:

Any chance of getting a picture of hubby with the floral beach bag??

Love, Scully

UADNA-C (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-Canada)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit